Superbooth 2024 (May 16 - 18)

Can you hear it ? That sound ! There is nothing like it.

Superbooth 2024
May 16, 17, 18
FEZ-Berlin

Here is a link to the exhibitors this year.

ADDED : The exhibitor list is not complete, if the company you are interested in is not listed – google site:superbooth.com company-name

As always there will be a lot going on, and some good coverage.

Feel free to post anything you spot that is showing there, whether new or old. Feel free to post other miscellaneous information related to the show, but as this will be a busy thread, do consider how far out you swing with the that-reminds-me-posts.

KRN001 has already setup a Meet-up Superbooth 2024 thread, for coordinating get togethers.

I imagine a few here already have things to post, so have at it.

10 Likes

Fix the dates. It’s NOT on May 26-29. It is May 16-18 as your screenshot says itself.

1 Like

I had already fixed that thanks !

The topic title is still wrong.

1 Like

Supercritical Redshift 6 - #73 by Jblanco at the end of their last video there is a see you at Superbooth note. This might be the first synth that, when I have it in front of me, I will want to see the sides first (if they have a unit with that finish completed).

4 Likes

Will we see the Oberheim TEO-5 at SB ?

( Thread )

9 Likes

Sounds like the older Waldorfs (Q, MicroQ).

Embodme is planning to have their final mechanical design done and ready to show for SB on their new ERAE II configurable controller.

I put a video up on the most recent progress on that in the Synthfest France thread.

Very interesting controller, with all its CV, as well as the MIDI 2.0, and looper.

Development is happening quite quickly at the moment, so there should be some large and impressive changes on the way.

1 Like

My one humble desire for SB24 is that ASM arrives with an update adding three or four “Mutants” to the Hydrasynth ! Even just one.

The extravagant desire is that they create a “Mutant” synth !!!

2 Likes

I don’t understand. Doesn’t it already have three mutants mutators?

Edit: Ah, I see…

1 Like

Yeah, the HS has eight already. Guess i’m greedy !

History : ASM added the Phazdiff Mutant with release V 1.4, so there is precedent.

This SB will give a chance for a face-off amongst some granular synths.

At the show 1010 Music, Torso, Tasty Chips, Vector Synth ( Tempera ), Mordax, Percussa, Error Instruments, Oddment, …

1 Like

The makers of Wee Noise Makers PGB-1 are in the list of exhibitors. This is great because people interested will be able to hold this little open source beast in their hands while the crowdfunding is still open. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Similarly Cyma Forma will be showing their analog poly synth the Alt going on to Kickstarter a few days after SB. They call it a “soundscape synthesizer” and it features a pin grid matrix, and sensors, and other interesting elements.

See this post.

ADDED :

7 Likes

Anyone want to speculate on what Cre8audio may be ready to show at SB ?

1 Like

They seem funny, I like them. Hopefully an effect module or something that combines west pest and the east beast

1 Like

Are there any portable cool gadgets like grooveboxes or trackers or workstations getting announced at the SB?

There is a very cool wavefolding oscillator from them with a funny name – Capt’n Big-O – that doesn’t get enough attention. So they really can make some great modular gear.

I am wondering about something new related to the NiftyKEYZ but i don’t know what.

OK – pulling something out of my hat for this …

Thingstone TRACK8

Thread

It was shown at last year’s SB, so it might be ready to ship now.

5 Likes

This is very interesting. Really wish there was more innovation in the multitrack recorder universe.

3 Likes