Thingstone - Track8

Saw this mentioned in the Superbooth thread but I think it may deserve it’s own. This thing looks pretty cool and could solve the issue of recording hardware into the DAW and dealing with Latency/Jitter…etc.

I do not have all the details but have to think that this would be a pretty awesome way to record drum machines, synths and samplers into one box while keeping the feel of the hardware intact and building an arrangement on the Track8.

Then you just pop the USB into your mac, drag the audio into the DAW and have everything all lined up and synced. Could be a great option for Octatrack users or old MPC users who are sick of fiddling wigh sync clocks.

Obviously could be a great DAWless arranger as well. There are not a ton of details on this yet but I emailed the company to see if they could share more. Curious if any of you got hands on it and how much this bad boy will cost.

For me, an Oxi sequencer going into this and it sending MIDI to my synths plus recording my drum parts on my MPC and samples on the OT would be a pretty epic studio experience.

12 Likes

Hopefully a video surfaces next few days as presume will demo a proto at Superbooth.

Im also intrigued how it works

4 Likes

It looks very nice and is something I might have been interested in before getting the Bluebox and Force, both of which can do the synced long audio recordings, that said I will keep an eye on this. A bit of a bummer it doesn’t have an audio input for each of the audio tracks, but maybe once some demos are made and more information is available that might not be an issue.

This looks awesome!

2 Likes

The one(mono/stereo) input makes sense if your building songs/patterns. It’s like the older tape multitracks!

1 Like

this screen looks like a prop. don’t they have a working model?

sounds cool though, very handy if it all works.

3 Likes

If all we have is a picture, then probably not

2 Likes

No stereo in?

TRS is stereo. It just doesn’t have split stereo.

It does have a gas stove apparently, though.

one burner, not stereo.

20 Likes

Electric igniter at least?

4 Likes

I sure hope so.

1 Like

Self clean?

4 Likes

Me neither!

3 Likes

like a cat.

2 Likes

I did some digging and found this on Reddit. This is from Superbooth.

17 Likes

that one, I believe, is a real screen.

2 Likes

Yeah it has a mono in and a stereo in. A bit of a bummer but at least you could track in a stereo out from an an MPC and a split kick from a separate out simultaneously I am guessing,

1 Like

I did not see them mention that you could use both simultaneously. I’d like confirmation

2 Likes

Yeah no confirmation yet. If I get any dialogue going from my email to them I will ask.

3 Likes

You may want to ask if the TRS can do L/R split as 2 tracks or if it’s essentially summed to mono in the box.

None of those waveforms appear to be recorded in stereo

1 Like