Elektronauts essential

This thread, clearly

3 Likes

That’s the best thread on the forum, hands down – think bob cat police academy.

3 Likes

Very sensible perspective and it seems most of the community generally agreed with this at least implicitly. Still, I was asking in case there were any “oh, that one time (user) shared that particular technique they discovered that has become super useful”; the Octatrack’s own manual mentions in its foreword how it was inspired after, following the release of MachineDrum UW:

Blockquote "…Once the machine was released it became apparent that especially the RAM machines, which made it possible to record sounds in real-time and instantly play them back, were utilized in ways we originally couldn’t even imagine. "

And the octatrack is just made in a way that begs for the invention of methodologies and such. I actually have zero doubt there are threads out there that have been game-changing for some people, but still, I do think some were mentioned here and that will be more than enough to chew for a good while. Cheers.

Leaving the link here for the convenience of anyone reading this. It does look amazing thanks for sharing!

1 Like

This is practically the reason why I was asking. I read my manuals, better to have them as your first source than any youtuber or such in basically every case. But the octatrack is ridiculously possibilities-inspiring, which is why I directly asked for any threads about uses that were unforeseen by Elektron, because the manual of OT itself literally says it was inspired by users of other Elektron gear doing unexpected things that Elektron hadn’t thought about; it’s right there on the foreword at the very start.

A musical intsrument’s vocabulary is developed throught time through its collective usage in musicians too; I’m damn near sure that when the electric guitar was created they didn’t conceive the possibilities of it being used to create post-rock, or noise, or ambient, etc.

3 Likes

I’m a relatively new user of this awesome forum, and I’ve learned a lot so far, both about my own gear and about how others make music. Sometimes I stumble across a topic which is brimming with great info, fascinating stories or just all around good vibes.

To get meta, what are some of your favourite topics on here? Maybe you find yourself always coming back to them for inspiration, or it’s just better than the manual…

To get it started, these are some of my faves so far:

4 Likes
6 Likes

The only thread I come back to over and over:

15 Likes

Damn, I searched but for the wrong words apparently, thank you!

1 Like

Never heard of it…

3 Likes

Sure about that? :grin:

4 Likes

Always sparks joy.

4 Likes

If you have a Digitone you have to read the Fun with Ratio Offsets thread. Ess hands over the keys to unlock further depth and richness of that wonderful little box.

5 Likes

Well, i don’t know who this Neon Melk is but this person has a serious posting problem.

7 Likes

No problem. It took me also some time to find it after remembering :sweat_smile:

Some threads i like:

3 Likes

Has essential threads lost its focus?

2 Likes

Going by my most iconic posts (which is my measure of quality)

1. Buad’s thread - already mentioned but it will always be no.1

2. Lend us your ears was a wild ride

3. Music memes contains a lot of laughs

4. The bi-weekly sampling extravaganza threads are always friendly and stuffed full of talent, a great place to hone your OT skills, link to the current challenge

5. The Eurorack gear I’m currently trying to shift (buy my stuff!)

4 Likes
4 Likes

The pinnacle.

3 Likes

thought this was the anti ambient tread

1 Like