The improvised techno thread

I really don’t want to be rude

Don‘t worry, I can absolutely take critique, especially when it‘s as specific and constructive as yours. Although I do not agree with every point you mention, there’s definitely a few that I will try to think about.

Thanks for taking your time to listen and write down your thoughts!

@Fin25 I already feel much more like a punk now, sadly more like one of the most, not the few…

2 Likes

We’re cool then. :>

I just recorded another one:

I feel like I’m coming closer to the mood I prefer when making techno.
Digitone’s osc offset is a great thing to use on drones btw!

1 Like

Yesterday we played an improvised Set with some Visuals and good Cameras

7 Likes

Really a shame the crowd is missing. CoVid Regulations, I guess?

2 Likes

enjoy

4 Likes

All the Clubs are closed here in south-west Germany.

2 Likes

Chords, as ins plural -> I totally :+1:
One chord, say a Hugh Fmin, some filter action and you mention big ass kickdrum + noise and the occasional clap = :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

Is there a listing of how we can support clubs from afar? I’m in the United States but knew some of my favorite Berlin spots sold art pieces, etc.

Losing physical spaces is one of the worst things we have for society and well-being, leaving all interactions with culture and strangers being hyper-monetized and manipulated towards anger and neuroses.

Clubs and Restaurants get money from the Government if they have to close due to COVID restrictions so I don’t know how it is legal to support clubs etc. with money.
The Session we played was in a Warehouse of a Pro Audio,Video and Lightning Company where my music partner works as an audio engineer . His Video and Lightning Colleagues hat not much to work the last 2 years due to Covid so they decided to make the whole thing as a motivation and team building event for everyone.

3 Likes

Sounds a great way to keep fresh and do what you love on your terms, thanks.

Aah so that‘s the story behind the stage and everything. Was nice, kinda unexpectedly stumbled across the stream live in the evening and had it running throughout. Solid oontz oontz :mechanical_arm: :mechanical_arm:

Haha, should‘ve turned down that one spotlight shining on you though, felt like the sound demands more of a darker ambiance/look.

This video seems useful for Elektron setups:

5 Likes

Recently got an Empress Zoia, just noodling around a bit because I liked the Digitone-ARP :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Long time no techno.

There you go.

4 Likes

Had the boxes sitting on the desk, made a fun pattern which I got a little bit excited about. Hit rec and there you have it: 46 minute techno improve on the DFAM, Ventris ans TR8S. No samples, plenty of FM enjoy! :metal::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Silence no good.

Me exploring 125 bpm in slowly evolving sausage manner.
AR MK 2 only. Boring maybe…but who cares amirite xD

8 Likes

I’m actually a fan of slower techno. I love some good quick pumping stuff too, but really like some intricate, minimal, slower stuff too, as well as tech house and dub techno. They all have their place, but I’ve been leaning more toward the slower stuff lately.

2 Likes

slower stuff just feels different I guess. ratio between kick, snare/clap, percs n stuff changes with tempo, for me at least. with less bpm you can easily fit things and sounds in between beats. kind of pushes the ease overall. advantages and drawbacks. :wink:

the less bpm you got, the more space there is for ear candy and/or boredom. thats what im about to explore. i dedicate one machine (BT) to ear candy, locked samples with certain probabilities and so on…its quite a long journey towards well made hardware techno ;>

1 Like

had to sell 1/3 of my gear to find inspiration again
but I’m glad I did

4 Likes

For some reason this sat on my YouTube Channel as unlisted for close to a year, so here it is, public at last. It’s a 45min live recording we did with my friend Kerst for a podcast last year :

Modular is all improvised and looped on the fly, drums are mostly Ableton.

6 Likes