Analog Four/Keys 1.40 & Analog Rytm 1.50

The Analog Four and Analog Rytm MKI and MKII are leveling up! Boasting a substantial OS boost - 1.40 on the Analog Four and 1.50 on the Rytm - this world-class duo is flexing its Elektron superpowers more impressively than ever before. Welcome to extra performance control, added sequencing potential, and increased machine power.

Sequencer MIDI Out

With Sequencer MIDI Out you can link up to the rest of your gear with ease. Control velocity, note, and length on every step of the powerful Elektron sequencer, and breathe new life into old machines with conditional trigs. Say hello to one big, happy family of synths and drum machines.

Scale per Track

Coming fresh from the Digi line and by popular demand, Scale per Track is now on the Analog machines! Inject some extra unpredictability and excitement into your compositions.

Parameter Randomization

Instantly randomize a parameter page to let the machine take charge. Access the unimagined with the press of a key, then revert back or go again.

Multiple Quick Performance Control

Assign multiple performance macros to the lone, all-conquering Quick Performance Control. One knob to rule them all.

Graphics improvements

New graphics have been added to make your machine navigation easier and more enjoyable.

Other fixes and improvements

And there’s more! For a full list of improvements and fixes, check the release notes here.

Overbridge Public Beta

If you use the Overbridge Beta, you will need to update to the new Overbridge release, which is also released today to support the new firmware. You can download this at Elektronauts (log-in required).

Download Analog Four 1.40 and Analog Rytm 1.50 here.

78 Likes

This is great news!
Goa gubbar allihop!

5 Likes

Change Log for Analog Rytm:

List of changes from OS 1.45b to 1.50

Improvements

All sequencer tracks can now be set to send sequencer data through the MIDI OUT or USB ports to control external, MIDI equipped, gear. Each track sends note on/off and velocity data over MIDI.

Added the possibility to set individual scale (speed of track playback set in multiples of the current tempo) per track.

Implemented the functionality to randomize the parameter values on a parameter page. Press [PARAMETER] + [YES] to randomize parameters.

There is now an option to set a specific tempo for every pattern within a project.

[MKII] It is now possible to control multiple performance macros simultaneously with the QUICK PERF AMOUNT knob.

[MKII] Added the possibility to select audio over USB as a sample source.

Pressing the [PADS] now automatically changes active track. This is the default setting for new projects, but can be turned off in the SEQUENCER CONFIG menu.

[MKII] New graphics are added for several parameters related to the filter, envelopes, and FXs.

[MKII] Improved knob graphics to better display the min, middle, and max values.

[MKII] Sample waveform view has been added on SMPL PAGE 2.

[MKII] Updated the graphics in the CONTROL INPUT 1/2 menus.

Pressing and holding FUNC , and then turning the knob for the DELAY TIME parameter now snaps to a set of fixed values instead of an offset to the previous value.

The user is now prompted to select SysEx transfer interface when sending project backups and USB+MIDI is selected.

[MKII] The LOAD PROJECT and SAVE PROJECT menus now include a header.

Bug fixes

[MKII] The device would freeze under some circumstances.

Notes would sometimes sustain indefinitely if they were played and held when switching to PLAY, MUTE, SCENE, and PERFORMANCE modes.

Notes would sometimes sustain indefinitely if the [PADS] triggering them is pressed and held when switching to PLAY, MUTE, SCENE, and PERFORMANCE modes.

Notes would sometimes sustain indefinitely if the [TRIG] key triggering them is pressed and held when pressing [BANK] and then released before pattern selection timed out.

Scene and Performance edit windows sometimes overlapped other pages wrongly.

When two tracks that shares the same voice, it was under some circumstances possible to trigger a sample on the second track with a trig set on the first track.

When PRESSURE DEST was set to EXT the pressure/aftertouch still affected the performances in performance mode.

Even with nothing connected to EXP/CV IN 1/2, modulation was added to the assigned parameter when the modulation depth was turned up.

[MKI] When naming a newly created directory in the sample manager, the “pen” icon on the NAMING menu was at the wrong place.

Trigs on the FX track placed on the same step as a trig on a drum track prevented trig LED indications on the drum tracks pad when in MUTE mode.

[MKI] Clearing a pattern ( BANK ) + TRIG + Play ) resulted in an exception error.

Polyphonic aftertouch was not received over MIDI on track 1.

[MKII] CONTROL IN 1/2 MOD modulation settings was not updated when changing kits.

[MKII] The TRACK LEVEL graphics showed max and min settings before the actual max and min value was reached.

[MKII] Any settings made in CONTROL INPUT 1/2 were not automatically applied on boot.

The more space used on the +Drive, the longer time it took to save recorded samples.

Parameters could get inverted when modulated with pitch bend at -64. For example, with PAN set to 0 and modulated with pitch bend: PB +63 (max)= full pan left, PB -63 = full pan right, PB -64 (min) = full pan left.

[MKII] It was erroneously possible to toggle bipolar behavior in CONTROL IN MOD setup menus.

There were incorrect start values when creating a non-kit lock such as trig condition or note length, if the trig contained a sound slot lock.

Trigs with PRE and NOT PRE conditions did not trigger correctly the first time a pattern played.

[MKII] Some encoders were set to change their parameters at the wrong speed.

The pattern selection mode was not exited correctly when the pattern/bank selection pop-up window was closed by another pop-up window opening.

[MKII] CONTROL INPUT 1/2 CV settings of zero/max was not applied until the menu was closed.

[MKII] The STORAGE screen could wrongly display a negative usage percentage.

The selection of characters on the NAMING menu pop-up screen, using the LEVEL/DATA knob did not behave correctly.

It was not possible to edit chains when not in CHAIN mode.

The sequencer started after preroll, even if it was stopped before the end of the preroll.

The shortcut [FUNC] + [UP]/[DOWN] on the SCALE menu to change length in increments of 16, only worked for the M.LEN parameter, but not for the TRACK LEN and PATTERN LEN parameters.

22 Likes

Change Log for Analog Four/Keys

List of changes from OS 1.35B to 1.40

Improvements

All sequencer tracks can now be set to send sequencer data through the MIDI OUT or USB ports to control external, MIDI-equipped, gear. Each track sends note on/off and velocity data over MIDI.

Added the possibility to set individual scale (speed of track playback set in multiples of the current tempo) per track.

There is now an option to set a specific tempo for every pattern within a project.

[MKII] New graphics are added for several parameters related to the filters, envelopes, and FXs.

[MKII] Improved knob graphics to better display the min, middle, and max values.

[MKII] Updated the graphics in the CONTROL INPUT 1/2 menus.

Added support for Elektron Transfer.

Implemented the functionality to randomize the parameter values on a parameter page. Press [PARAMETER] + [YES] to randomize parameters.

[MKII] It is now possible to control multiple performance macros simultaneously with the QUICK PERF AMOUNT knob.

Added Undo functionality in the NAMING menu.

Pressing and holding FUNC , and then turning the knob for the DELAY TIME parameter now makes the parameter snap to on-beat values.

[MKII] Changed the default setting for MIDI OUT to MIDI+USB for new projects.

The user is now prompted to select SysEx transfer interface when sending project backups and USB+MIDI is selected.

[MKII] The device’s OS version is now shown in the EARLY STARTUP menu.

[MKII] The LOAD PROJECT and SAVE PROJECT menus now include a header.

Bug fixes

[MKII] Audio errors were shown in test mode even if there were no actual errors.

An error was shown in the MODULATION SETUP menu when selecting the FX or CV track as a destination.

LFO depth was missing a minus sign when the value was between 0 and -1.

The CV setup page settings were not updated properly if the settings were made after accessing the page from the GLOBAL SETUP menu and then accessed and viewed using [FUNC] + [CV A] , and vice versa.

When playing on the internal keyboard while receiving MIDI, incoming MIDI could in some cases be muted until another note was played on the internal keyboard.

The function to press and hold [PERF] to see the parameter values for the performance macros did not work.

The [KEYBOARD] could under some circumstances play at a wrong velocity after loading a new project.

[MKII] [FUNC] + [KEYBOARD] keys combinations erroneously opened the CLICK and SWING menus.

[MKI] [LEFT] / [RIGHT] keys changed the master tune in the opposite direction than expected.

Tap tempo did not always update properly.

[KEYS] MIDI was not sent on channel 16 in external keyboard mode.

PITCH BEND was not shown as bipolar in the MODULATION SETUP menu.

[MKII] In the SONG EDIT menu, the OCTAVE LEDs were incorrectly showing -1 for an untransposed pattern.

[MKII] The TRACK LEVEL graphics showed max and min settings before the actual max and min value was reached.

[MKII] Any settings made in CONTROL INPUT 1/2 were not automatically applied after re-boot.

Parameters could get inverted when modulated with pitch bend at -64. For example, with PAN set to 0 and modulated with pitch bend: PB +63 (max) = full pan left, PB -63 = full pan right, PB -64 (min) = full pan left.

There were incorrect start values when creating a non-kit lock such as trig condition or note length, if the trig contained a sound slot lock.

Trigs with PRE and NOT PRE conditions did not trigger correctly the first time a pattern played.

[MKII] Some encoders were set to change their parameters at the wrong speed.

The pattern selection mode was not exited correctly when the pattern/bank selection pop-up window was closed by another pop-up window opening.

[MKII] CONTROL INPUT 1/2 CV settings of zero/max was not applied until the menu was closed.

The selection of characters on the NAMING menu pop-up screen, using the LEVEL /DATA knob did not behave correctly.

It was not possible to edit chains when not in CHAIN mode.

The sequencer started after preroll, even if it was paused before the end of the preroll.

The shortcut [FUNC] + [UP]/[DOWN] on the SCALE menu to change length in increments of 16, only worked for the M.LEN parameter, but not for the TRACK LEN and PATTERN LEN parameters.

16 Likes

:open_mouth:

6 Likes

And I literally just bought a second hand Analog Four MKI. Like less than an hour ago. Clearly, fate wanted this for me.

40 Likes

You guys rock! It took a while, but this is top class stuff. Thanks!

10 Likes

Really nice update. I ended up parting with my A4 just yesterday. Typical timing :joy: - would’ve been nice to have given this a go. Would have been most excited with the randomiser as I was always dog shit at programming patches haha!

6 Likes

Ok, this sounds too good to be true!
Does this mean that i can use the A4 mk1 to control other synths? It’s hard to belive, so please confirm XD

“Scale per Track” same as OT?! Because this is what i always wanted… no longer do i have to waste midi tracks on the OT to get some 128 step long leads?!

…again, sound all too good!

11 Likes

read the text :wink:

4 Likes

Great update :mage:‍♂

2 Likes

:heart_eyes:

I don’t own both MKIIs yet, but I think still improving released machines for us deserves an octathanks! :grin:

5 Likes

Yep! To do so, enable the T1/2/3/4/FX/CV SEND MIDI toggles in the Note Setup page (yes, you can use all 6 tracks as midi tracks)

10 Likes

i did, but i have troubles to belive it XD

Dear Elektron, i love you…seriously. Despite everything i said about the “Model:Samples”…
My favorite machines become even more powerful…Fuck YEEEEES!

6 Likes

Glorious! :heart:

oh my god i’m so excited about randomization

4 Likes

seriously though A4 randomization is a dream come true

5 Likes

Long time coming… So happy to be able to see this! :exploding_head:

49 Likes

This is pretty awesome. Making me wonder if I want to keep my A4MKI. To clarify, does the MIDI Out tracks just mimic whatever is playing the internal synth, or is it now a unique 8 track sequencer, 4 internal and 4 external?

2 Likes