Analog Four/Keys OS 1.40: bug reports

Firmware 1.40 is now released

Discuss here

Remember to back up before upgrading and even load a new empty project to avoid any damage to your current project.
And avoid upgrading before a gig. :tongue:

You encountered something wrong in the newest OS, reproduced it in a project created since the upgrade and want to check if others can replicate it ?
Here is the place.

Doesnā€™t replace a support ticket, of course, but you might want to check if itā€™s not a feature before declaring a bug :wink:

Please report all bugs via the Support Tickets section on elektron.se if they have not already been confirmed below.

4 Likes

Aftertouch sent from the AK doesnā€™t work when in OB mode.

Random mode on A4 mk1 doesnā€™t seem to exist ā€¦

In Analog Four MKI:

When I use a track with differents sounds locks, it seems like the original sound progressive loss gain. In example: a track with kick on 1-5-9-13; I add a sound lock for hats on 3-7-11-15. The behavior of kick sounds like a LFO on volume itā€™s added, but there isnā€™t. In fact,if I remove the sounds lock, the behavior of kick returns normal. Tested with differents kicks and hats.

Another bug i found is when I use randomize and after I push param+no, the sound doesnā€™t return to previous state. I use the sounds on a kit, and the sounds seems to retour to another random state. Tested in the same page of parameter.

I spotted some weird bugs but found out I could not reproduce them on a brand new projectā€¦
Have you tested your bug on a project created since the upgrade?

Not, just tested around old projets. Iā€™ll test today on end of the day around new projet. Thanks.

it will return those parameters to the last saved state of the Kit, if you tweaks a kit and then randomized and randomized again and expect to go back steps ā€¦ that wonā€™t work, it will load the saved kit state to that group of params. Just as it will do so for the default kit Params if you press Page+Clear

I doubt this will be a bug, have you read up on resonant filter kicks in the forum, these need time to build up and ā€˜ringā€™

to test if this is the case, use only your affected kick sounds on a track, play that, then double stop it, now start the track fresh again, is the first kick full volume ?

2 Likes

Paramaterpage + Yes. After pressing this for randomization, the shortcut names of each paramater do not return. The figures remain. Noone else seeing this ?

Im on Analog 4 MKI.

1 Like

already reported this one. dunno if itā€™s flaw or a way to show that the param can be undone.

2 Likes

computer says flaw

1 Like

Seems to me like bpm-synced LFOā€™s are always synced to the project bpm, not the new per-pattern-bpm - regardless of which one is active. This means that the LFOā€™s are out of sync when using pattern bpm since they are still synced to the project bpm. This happens on both my Rytm mkI and A4 mkII. Can anyone confirm?

7 Likes

Confirmed : Definitely a Bug - report this via a support ticket at Elektron

3 Likes

I found something on the analog four mk2ā€¦

When in record mode (record button red when you enter notes)
It will switch to all tracks and stay in record mode except fx track,
Whenever you select fx track it turns it off.
And you have to turn it back on

Not a huge bug but it does affect workflow,
Hopefully can be fixed to be like the rest as plan on using the cv and fx more now

1 Like

I saw this but hadnā€™t mentioned here - I thought there was an issue pasting to the FX track until I saw the behaviour that has also been mentioned here (step edit is spuriously turned off)

FX track is deselecting Step Edit Mode when you select it, unlike all other tracks which stay in step edit mode

This is a workflow issue if you use the FX track for CV or Midi now

So the question is whether thereā€™s good reason for the FX track to deselect that edit mode when focussed

It e.g. makes it very tricky to cut and paste between the two tracks because the paste will be denied on account of the wrong edit mode being forced on you

1 Like

So seems like a bug to me to have one track act different.
hadnā€™t tried pasting to that track yet.
Should I lodge a ticket?

I will, itā€™s been mentioned before, but Iā€™ll ticket it right now, doing some other tickets

2 Likes

Great thanks ā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m unable to play an external synth ā€œliveā€ from either the onboard keyboard or an attached keyboard. However I can program a note sequence and then the I press play the external synth will come to life. Is this a bug or am doing something wrong?

THanks.

1 Like

Seems like something you are doing wrong, I was able to play external synth via the keyboard on the A4. Maybe check your settings of auto channel, and keyboard destination and midi settings

3 Likes

hehā€¦ well that explains the weirdness i saw earlier - i switched to the FX track while in step edit (didnt notice it had been deactivated), saw what i thought were the first 6 steps of the sequence and removed them, then had no sound. itā€™s now obvious that itā€™s the 6 track mutes that i turned off, not 6 steps (FX track was showing the Perf page) :smiley:

2 Likes