Overbridge for macOS Big Sur is finally here! Please note that this is a public beta, as opposed to a stable release. It includes a brand new driver (a complete re-write!) based on Apple’s new driver architecture DriverKit, which is necessary for macOS 11.0 and later. We know that many of you have been eager to use Overbridge on Big Sur, but before upgrading please note that this version does not yet include the CoreAudio driver in order to run as a regular audio interface. Therefore, we want to first release it as a public beta. In practice, this means that while you can multi-track stream individual channels via the Overbridge plugin, you can not yet choose your device as a sound card. This is being worked on and we hope to have that ready soon. Apart from that, the new driver has been tested extensively and proved to work well.
Warning! Please refrain from upgrading to macOS Big Sur if you want to keep using your Elektron device as a regular sound card in Overbridge mode. Only multi-track streaming from the plugin is available at this point. CoreAudio will be added later.
Compatible Device OS
You must also upgrade your Elektron device to the latest OS, which can be downloaded from elektron.se. They include support for Overbridge on macOS Big Sur, which earlier OS versions don’t. Click on the links below to reach the respective download page for each Overbridge compatible device.
How to report issues
Please report potential Overbridge 2.0.53 related issues in this thread. We will be here to assist you. Refer to the Overbridge Manual (9.1 MB) before asking for help if you’re unsure of how to set up and use Overbridge. Make sure to include the following information in your report:
- macOS version number.
- Name of the Elektron device (e.g. Analog Four MKI/MKII etc.).
- Elektron device OS version (shown briefly in the lower right corner of the display when the device is powered on).
- Step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce (if possible, but please report issues even if they aren’t reproducible).
- DAW name and version (when applicable). Version can usually be seen when starting the DAW.
- In some cases, we may need you to extract logs. Please refer to these instructions if we ask for logs.
If you experience a potential firmware or hardware-related issue, which is not related to using Overbridge on macOS Big Sur in any way, please contact support rather than reporting in this thread.