Overbridge & Logic 10.6

Well L/R would be better than nothing I guess… what do I do to make it work? I have no other options in logic’s audio pref… just the one instance of the AR and when its selected I’m getting all channels and terrible noise.

Im not blaming elektron here, imo its seems apples fault: change something, making others people code unusable & providing nor fix or even a timetable for fixes.

Was in their support-chats weeks ago, asking for download-link to non-affected logic version. All they say was: we dont provide older versions. In other words: f**k off. And thats for a paid software for more than 200$.

could you possibly help me figure how to do this? Even L/R would be great to be able to keep working. as of now, I don’t have any other options for the AR in logic’s audio pref… only AR core audio which is giving me all of the outputs and the audio is totally fucked.

Have you tried the latest beta of Overbridge released yesterday?

Ive been trying to find where to download it

1 Like

hm, not sure what to do… Im a little concerned this will not work since Im on Catalina and then core audio won’t be an option…

Overbridge for macOS Big Sur is not working in Logic 10.6.1

Mate, you’ve tested that?

I have a fix which is working for me. hope it works for others I have a fix for the logic 10.6 - Catalina - Overbridge bug... works for me anyway

Didnt work for me. ;(
Would love to see Elektron fix this on their own, without waiting for Apple which can take ages.

1 Like

Drat! Here I am waiting for Overbridge to be Big Sur compatible, and finally, we get an update. Oops, now it’s not Logic compatible. So there they (DT, DN) sit on the shelf unplugged since they only have stereo out. I haven’t had a lot of luck with Overbridge anyhow, always something. So maybe time to move on. The DT I can do without, not the DN.

1 Like

10.6.2 seems to fix it. Haven’t tried it:

• Performance is improved when streaming audio to Elektron hardware using the Elektron Overbridge plug-in.emphasized text
2 Likes

Please can someone from Elektron confirm that 10.6.2 fixes this issue? I would like to upgrade from 10.5 as soon as possible.

I’ve updated Logic to 10.6.2 but OB is still broken. The start/stop and tempo sync seems broken too. Maybe am I missing something…

Come on elektron, we haven’t purchased your products for them to sit on a shelf! If you purchased a cheese and ham sandwich and having taken it out of packaging there was no ham. You would expect the vendor to make amends would you not?

I briefly tested and it seems to work for me (MacBook Pro Mid 2014, latest Catalina Update).
One thing i recognised while updating: i had Logic 10.5.1 (or whatever the latest working version was) installed and updated in the AppStore. But it didn’t update to 10.6.2 (as expected). Instead it went to 10.6. (which doesn’t work with OB) and i had to update again to 10.6.2. Now it works for me.

2 Likes

My problem isn’t even Logic related : in OB mode, my DN disappear as an audio interface in the system Prefs, so it won’t show up in Logic as an audio interface. It works fine though in audio/midi over USB.

I noticed an issue with the tempo sync on my DT. It seemed that for the first few bars it was at half speed then it would eventually catch up. I found that letting it run for a bit so that it syncs and then restarting the track fixes this issue…albeit it does seem like a band-aid solution. At least it’s useable now.