@Eaves / Ivar Tryti’s Music

With @eaves’ agreement, I have tracked down every thread about their music and put them all in one place.

You might want to have a look at these links as well :wink:

20 Likes
After 31 Digitakt sketches, I succumbed to GAS and bought a 2nd hand Digitone. It's GLORIOUS
I recorded guitar into the DT and made a beat inspired by Radiohead
Evil beat inspired by NIN and HTDA
I originally bought the DT for bass practice. I finally got around to practice the bass
I made a project on the DT to pump out drum loops, then I made this beat using those loops
Rytm mkii or Digitakt? Selling my NI gear this week
Made my first track using both Digitakt and Digitone at the same time! Overwhelming, but looking forward to doing more DT+DN stuff
Downtempo trip hop using one-shot samples and resampling on the Digitakt
I made a beat on the Digitone to represent the colors Indigo and Red
I imagined a world where Sega Megadrive had a Digitone as its FM engine and made this boss battle theme
Bought Phandora's Box during the summer sale. I made a track using them. These samples are great!
Music making dilemma
Made my 2nd track using both DIgitakt and Digitone. It's a bouncy beat with hard drums and smooth FM bass, keys and lead
I made a smooth beat on the Digitone and tried to make a smooth and expressive lead synth
I made a track from scratch in 40 minutes on the Digitone
Is Too Much Stuff Jammed into Digitakt?
I made a track from scratch on the DT in this 80 min video
Analog Mk1 vs Digitakt - granular stuff with samples?
Downtempo trip hop track from scratch on the DT and DN
Been moving lately, but managed to make a track this week =)
Digitone vs A4... which one to buy?
I'm thinking about making a tutorial for the Digitakt, and explored my options with these three loops
The Digitone has a master overdrive knob. I made a bass patch with this in mind named "2077 bass". Also 1000 subs, thank you very much!
A hard, janky Digitakt beat
Lets make the most out of the current Elektron boxes you own
Dark and loud digitakt beat
Live hardware performances that you've found inspiring / memorable
I made a track on the Digitakt inspired by a text based game: a far off asian-style space station called Feng Wo
Wife and I bought a house with a creepy cellar! I was inspired to make a scary beat on the DT
Hip hop made with the Digitakt
I made an in depth tutorial on how to resample drums
A tiny collection of Digitakt snippets
A simple, melancholic piece on the Digitakt using 3 samples
A bouncy video game inspired Digitakt beat
I made a lazy, melodic downtempo beat using one shots and resampling on the DT
I made a beat with a 7/8 time signature on the Digitakt

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/hip-hop-made-with-the-digitakt/40835/457

1 Like

I’ve had my Digitakt for almost 3 weeks now and have been playing around with it in most of my free time. It’s so much fun to make music on it! I decided to try a different approach for this track.

I have a really old sample pack called The Lo-Fi Box, and I started by selecting samples at random (without previewing): 4 kicks, 4 hihats, 4 snares and 4 samples from a folder named “unsorted”.

The drum samples were used to make a beat and was resampled into three loops which I then used mixed together by using an LFO assigned to “sample slot”. There’s more info in the description on youtube, and I’d be happy to explain in more detail if anyone’s interested. Thanks for checking it out!

6 Likes

great drums!!

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

It’s a bit of a long tutorial, but I got a couple of requests on how I do my drums, so I made this tutorial. Hope you find it interesting! Thanks for checking it out.

31 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to record this. Very interesting. I don’t own a Digitakt, but this video helped me get a good idea of what the work flow is like compared to other elektron boxes.

2 Likes

Thanks dude :metal::metal:

1 Like

I’m glad you found it interesting!

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Yea! Nice video. Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great video, I really enjoyed the techniques you showed, and the casual style of it.

I had no idea that clearing the base samples, and loading a whole set would replace them like that.

Best regards,

Gino

1 Like

Thank you! I was inspired by Cuckoo’s mega tutorial on the Digitakt where he goes through everything at a casual pace. I also tried to do as much as possible in one take (managed the whole thing), because I’m sure that if I spent time editing it, I wouldn’t be happy with my choice of words or how often I said “um, uh” and would likely never post the video :stuck_out_tongue: . If I do more tutorials, it’ll likely be in the same format, but hopefully I’m more comfortable talking into a microphone. Still not used to hearing my own voice.

4 Likes

You’ll get used to hearing it! And for sure, if you are inclined to share your knowledge and techniques, please don’t let perfectionism about the tutorial’s presentation prevent you from doing so. This was really a top-notch tutorial, thorough but not overly formal, and provides a ton of very useful knowledge. I especially liked your analog check list…creates a visual cue as to where you are in the tutorial so that during review it’s easy to find the right place. Just good stuff all around!

2 Likes

Thank you very much! I really like “real time” tutorials, so I knew I’d have to prepare a checklist. The checklist was just as much for me as it was for viewers, I forgot my place sometimes and had to check the list :stuck_out_tongue:. It’d also make it easier to click through and find the right spot in the video, like you said!

Really great tutorial and I really like the results. I learned a lot from watching and you took care to explain what you were doing. A lot of in depth tutorials still have swift hand movements as the presenter does something that’s second nature to them and they fail to explain it. Even Cuckoo is guilty of this. You managed to avoid it and I really liked that. Well done. I hadn’t thought to compress like that before resampling, but really enjoyed the resulting sound and will definitely be trying it.

1 Like

@Eaves
Nice tutorial, but…

man the tracks on your channel!!! Beautiful. Love them. Inspiring.
Now I want to buy a DT again… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you both, @dshipp and @Unifono! I’m glad you like my tutorial and also my music :smile:

1 Like