I made a track on the Digitakt inspired by a text based game: a far off asian-style space station called Feng Wo

I was inspired by this MUD (Multi User Dungeon) called Star Conquest. I’m skipping a lot of details here, but it’s a sci-fi game where you play as a civilian pilot working to help your government rebuild after a war with aliens. My character joined a convoy of exploration ships along with a few other players to visit a space station called Feng Wo. It took us 4 real life days to reach the station (making a couple of pit stops), and exploring the station was really fun, especially the market there. Here’s the description of one of the areas that inspired me:

“An old-style market place thrives in this wide L-shaped corridor. Red and orange lanterns hang from the ceiling, casting a warm glow over throngs of colorfully dressed people shopping at small booths set up along the walls of the corridor and down its center. Vendors call out to the many passersby, gesturing and holding up their merchandise for inspection. At the west end of the corridor, several elderly people drink tea and play an odd game of tiles set up on low black tables. They seem completely oblivious to the near chaos around them. The wide corridor continues to the north and west, and, nearly hidden by the numerous advertisements plastered to the metal walls, smaller corridors lead somewhere east and south.”

All audio is coming from the Digitakt. The samples one shot samples from Image Line’s Lo-Fi Box and World Samples. I added a limiter in post.

The game that inspired this track: http://squidsoft.net:7779/

Thanks for listening!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: I absolutely love our prolific @eaves / Ivar Tryti’s music and I thought it would be cool to have all in one thread