I'm thinking about making a tutorial for the Digitakt, and explored my options with these three loops

I came up with three separate melodies around the same time and spread all my energy on all three instead of focusing on one and finishing it. Ended up with three unfinished tracks, but I’m happy enough with how they turned out that I wanted to upload them anyway.

While working on these melodies, I was also thinking about what to talk about in my next tutorial, and how to put it together. I spent a loooong time recording the guitar parts on the first loop. I ended up basically using the song as a metronome and just practiced rythm and picking and improvising for an hour or so before finally recording something.

The guitars parts were played via the Digitakt into FL Studio where I added compression and distortion, then sampled from FL Studio into the Digitakt. Everything else is made up of one shot samples. All audio is coming from the Digitakt, with a limiter added in post.

The title PunPunHead came to mind because I recently started reading this really bizarre manga called Goodnight Punpun. And I was inspired by RadioHead.

I made a tutorial on how I make drums on the Digitakt: https://youtu.be/YSCrbF-u7gE

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: I absolutely love our prolific @eaves / Ivar Tryti’s music and I thought it would be cool to have all in one thread