Analog Rytm OS 1.50: bug reports

Firmware 1.50 is now released

Discuss here

Remember to back up before upgrading and even load a new empty project to avoid any damage to your current project.
And avoid upgrading before a gig. :tongue:

You encountered something wrong in the newest OS, reproduced it in a project created since the upgrade and want to check if others can replicate it ?
Here is the place.

Doesnā€™t replace a support ticket, of course, but you might want to check if itā€™s not a feature before declaring a bug :wink:

Please report all bugs via the Support Tickets section on elektron.se if they have not already been confirmed below.

2 Likes

I have a 2 octaves difference between pads and what is recorded on the sequencer (playing same pads).

Trig Menu > Note = 0
Pad plays note 36 (C3)
Seq plays note 60 (C5)

6 Likes

I stand corrected. I should change this message to avoid copy/paste errors :wink:

1 Like

Yes, this is in error, someone has muddled the centre point with the lowest point and thereā€™s now an offset of 24, should be an easy fix

Pads go 12>60 centred 36

Seq goes 36>86 centred 60

Should be reported

5 Likes

Sending Kit / Pattern Sysex stops the playbackā€¦I donā€™t think this was the behavior before.

4 Likes

(just as a reminder)
Gentlemen, please take the time to report the bugs to Elektron support by submitting a ticket :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great news to see on my way home!

Have an issue tho, previous set up of rytm: MIDI OUT to digitakt MIDI IN then digitakt: MIDI THRU to synth: MIDI IN has stopped working since ive upgraded both rytm & overbridge, might be bug from previous versions ive seen from googling around??

Rytm master but doesnt trigger digitakt, same setup as i had previously and was working

Any thoughts??

My bug report seems obvious but : done! :wink:

Bug reports
https://www.elektron.se/customer/tickets/

I was somehow stuck on compressor page, couldnt switch to something different - rytm was still running. Reboot solved it.

MKI or MKII?

Not very clear issue.
What was working?

By trigger you mean use clock / transport?
Check if setttings are correct.
Ambiguous because now you can trigger DT samples with AR! Wasnā€™t possible before.

Has anyone else noticed that the graphics are not centered? Iā€™m seeing a 2px gap on the left side of the screen and a 0px gap on the right, so essentially all the graphics are offset by 1px. Not a big deal, but it pings my OCD a little. I only noticed this because the graphics on the right are now getting cut off by the bezel at certain viewing angles where they werenā€™t before (or at least I never noticed it)

edit: checked the display in test mode and it looks like I just have an off-center display

Always be knolling.

į••( į› )į•—

Not sure if a bug, but i had a weird occurence on my MK-I this afternoon: while copy/pasting the sound and track data from one pad to the next i got stuck in copy/paste mode for about a minute. Couldnā€™t start or stop the pattern anymore, unit seemed pretty much stuck. After a bit of random button pressing things eventually returned to normal. Iā€™ve use this function many times and never had this happen before. Thought iā€™d mention it. Thanks for the fantastic update btw

Mk1

My upgrade seems to freeze just under the R for Receiving. Have cancelled and tried again a few times, same. It shouldnā€™t take longer than 5 minutes to upgrade, should it? Any suggestions very welcome. Thanks

PS AR MkII - upgrading with Transfer over USB

Be sure to connect unit directly to computer (no hubs)

Try different cable.

Try installing from both Project menu and test mode.

Iā€™m holding off updating but Iā€™m thankful for those that take the plunge. I hope it starts working for you.

1 Like

Thanks I will try all those things and let you know

I realise the mistake I was making - was using Transfer instead of C6 - all upgraded smoothly nowā€¦phew!

Thanks for your help.

4 Likes

The midi offset bug between pad and sequencer is a workflow killer for an external sequencer, i hope this is relatively easy to fix cos iā€™m probably not alone in thinking this feature is unusable beyond a test in its current form. cant really save any projects if iā€™m going to have to re-offset sequences laterā€¦

Thanks for pointing it out, i was confused for a while there!

5 Likes