By request, I’m moving/continuing a conversation from ST Tips & Tricks about Octatrack-style performance scenes and techniques on Syntakt using the FX sequencer (inspired by ezbot 's Octatrack template).
The basic method:
- Turn trig probability to 0% on FX track sequencer
- Parameter-lock values and LFO commands for performance effects on individual trigs
- Trigger performance FX while playing with TRIG + YES
So far, we’ve worked out:
- Basic P-lock FX: chorus, filter sweeps, resonator, stutter, grit, etc etc
- Freeze delay: technique for capturing different delay buffers to repeat lengths up to 1 bar
- Transition 1-bar looper from @tdmusic : a freeze delay that can keep playing seamlessly across a pattern change.
There are hiccups to fix, fx to design, and other use cases to figure out, so far it’s been fun. Thanks to @tdmusic, @sezare56, @davemech, @aaanicholls, @Doug, @Gino , @bloody.water , and anyone I missed, for the collaborative brainstorming and troubleshooting… [Edit: also inspired by a tip I saw, but then had trouble finding again, on DT tips from @Gerry_Dorsey Digitakt tips and tricks - #124 by Gerry_Dorsey on previewing trigs with sequence running. Nice one!]