Syntakt's digital and analog effects and FX track

Even after reading the manual and some topics here I still don’t have complete understanding of FXes, Correct me if I’m wrong:
There are digital effects Delay and Reverb and the amount of sound is sent to these effects are in AMP section. Then you can send returns from digital reverb and delay to analog FX block.

FX track question: I only was able to make it work as parameter locks. I hold step I want on the FX track and change parameters of effects. And those parameters become common for all tracks that are sent to FX block. Is it a correct way? So analog FX block is only used with FX track? If you don’t highlight steps in FX track there won’t be any analog effects applied to any tracks even if those tracks selected in routing page (FUNC+FX)?
Please clarify :slight_smile:

Don’t really understand the questions. If you want to modulate fx, you obviously need to use fx track plocks or lfos. No other way.

Analog fx are applied to any track routed to it, with or without trigs on fx track, obvious with filter and overdrive.
Fx track trigs can trigger filter and amp envelopes, lfos.

1 Like

Hmm, I think of the FX block as this combination:

Multimode filter + envelope

Overdrive

Amp Envelope

Reverb settings

Delay settings

Some routing and send options

2 LFOs

Sequencer track

The LFOs have all the items above them as potential targets, and the sequencer can lock values for any of the items above it, and it can trigger (or retrig) the filter envelope, amp envelope, and/or LFO on any step.

The routing chooses whether the amp/filter/drive processed audio is sent to Delay/Reverb or whether D/R are sent to it.

For effects beyond amp ducking or trance gates, I think the sequencer is best used, and quite powerful, either at 1/8 time scale (32 bars) or turned off with different presets, delays, and combo fx scenes cued from trigs as a few of us explored in this thread: Syntakt FX Scenes + Techniques

Does this help answer your question, or is there something else you were trying to figure out?

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for clarification and link to topic!

Thanks a lot!

1 Like