Octatrack Tips & Tricks (OT Tips)

Can’t get this. Sounds good though. any further details? Thanks!

If you plock a chord and activate arp, a midi track will play single notes only.

I used to apply an rdm lfo on arp mode, in order to turn it off and play the plocked chord.

If you apply a rdm lfo on LENgth, the chord will be played with 0 values. More convenient than arp mode.

5 Likes

I still get an arp with NLEN at zero, just a very staccato one… wonder if it depends on device receiving?

LEN in Note Page. :wink:

1 Like

I am having hours of joy mangling my own voice samples. I took a sample of my voice and created bass, synth pad and drum beats with it on my OT. Never realized that I could sample myself and make tunes on it!

3 Likes

from @sezare56 : use cue outs as final, main as your sends so you can p-lock (and set scene modulation on!) send levels

5 Likes

Record and play crossfader’s movements and scenes changes with midi tracks, with midi loopback :

• Connect a midi cable between midi in and out

• New project

• Project > Midi > Channels > Autochannel = 1

• Play a sample on track 1, set scene B

• Midi mode > Set Track 1 Midi Note Setup > Channel 2, set CTRL1 CC1 = CC48

• While in Midi mode, Hold RECORD and press PLAY to enter Live Recording mode, press RECORD or PLAY to stop recording

• You can also record Scenes with CC55 and CC56

Didn’t find that one elsewhere. Link it if so! :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Oldie but Goldie from old site

3 Likes

Thanks! Actually it mainly talks about crossfader automation, also about movements record but without success :

Actually I haven’t managed to record crossfader movements.

I forgot scene changes recording ! :thup:
Test…it works too! Add lfos on CC48 to taste. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Tested with Arranger : possible to record crossfader / scenes automation on several patterns ! :thup:
Which means you can sample track by track with automation.

Main limitation is step resolution of course.
Midi slides request!

7 Likes

lol, i will have to give this a go

1 Like

Center cancellation feature ! :slight_smile:
To remove the center panned signal of a stereo sample (to reduce or remove voice in general), go to :

AUDIO EDITOR
EDIT
SELECT ALL
MIX CHANNELS > SUBTRACT L-R

17 Likes

Tip to SELECT ALL faster in Audio Editor EDIT : Press TRIM before.

Same behavior with slices, the EDIT selection corresponds to previous selected slice.

5 Likes

RATE with reverse only, no pitch

In Playback Setup
RATE = TSTR
TSTR = OFF

Set RATE below 0 or p-lock a scene with RATE = - 63 and you have reverse after the middle position, without usual huge pitch down

16 Likes

Best thread.

1 Like

nice!

1 Like

Just stumbled onto a small one, on your sample slots menu FUNC+left/right changes to the next sample in the folder for quick sample switching, saves a menu. If you’re testing out different drum sounds and you’ve got organised folders this could be a massive time saver

18 Likes

Forgot that, thanks for reminding and yes that’s a cool feature.
It can also be used to recall a saved recording (kind of undo) or for dj purposes : load next track with Fn + </>.

5 Likes

That’s a brilliant idea, clip launching on OT just got even easier. Pitchless reverse was a nice one too. :thup:

2 Likes

Further to the earlier post about clocking external gear via cue out.

One addition to that I thought of is that if you p-lock pan it to the left, and p-lock centre where you want a reset, you have a clock out of the left channel and a reset out of right.

Haven’t tried this but don’t see why it wouldn’t work in theory :slight_smile:

3 Likes