OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

Agreed! Co-Signed!

2 Likes

Yes, please :+1:

2 Likes

I made a really great discovery regarding my desire to record parameter locks using the crossfader. I was live recording a sequence and had one of the track’s “Rate” control tethered to the crossfader for some scratching. I decided to take the crossfader off of the rate knob after I had been tweaking it during the playback of the sequence, which I still had playing when I did this and I noticed as the sequence looped back it was playing the part I was tweaking and did record what I had done in live record mode.

So you can use the crossfader to record parameter locks, but you need to disconnect it from having control over whatever parameter your using it for in order for the recorded parameter changes to have control over the track as the crossfader being connected to the parameter has full control keeping the recorded parameter changes from playing back. SO WOO FREAKING WHOOO!!! The OT is now my total end all be all and I will live happily ever after. The “beginning”!

I’d like to see that!
Can you reproduce it?
Are you sure you didn’t recorded Rate turning its knob?

I could record crossfader movements with midi loop back, but what you say surprises me…

1 Like

Grr…Yep. Must have used the rate knob at one point and forgot as I was messing around with the fader and the knob. I was recording video to recreate it for you but no bueno.

2 Likes

Let’s say it’s a feature request to be in topic! :content:

Tip to record crossfader with midi loopback :
Octatrack Tips & Tricks (OT Tips)

1 Like

Totally called it.

Would love a tempo per pattern setting that didn’t require the arranger!

1 Like

Insert a blank pattern and move all existing patterns up one trig!

2 Likes

Bumping this for MIDI one-shot trigs.
Feeling the need for an end note when coming from the previous pattern.

1 Like

…and the list goes on…

so many nice feature ideas, practical gimmicks and cool little add on twists here to find…
and also many total clueless illusions…

…always keep in mind, that source code came from a different time…
so does the hardware components…mk1 or mk2…makes NO difference…

so we can all be happy that fill mode and conditional trigs still have found their way into it…
but to get this squeezed in somehow, was already kind of a miracle…

stop comparing it to actual machines and their further options of optimization and think, that must be an easy fix also on the ot…it’s anything but that…
the ot remains a beast of it’s own…still ahead of it’s time as much as it is maxed out the way it IS…

make this a whishlist for a future generation of new octatracking…next to come someday for sure…
but calm down ur hopes for any further coding tweaks on what u got in front of u…

4 Likes

1ST trig condition should do the job.

2 Likes

This has probably been mentioned a ton but I want this sooo bad so I’ll add to the masses in hopes of the Octa being graced with an update someday!

P-locking program and bank change.
Heck I’d settle for changing between patterns.

7 Likes

To-tal-ly !

1 Like

I will echo any and all bpm per pattern requests. Also the trig + yes to preview trig like the digi’s would be super handy!

3 Likes

Hello @Elektron

First, I just want to say that this is absolutely not a post to bitch about the way OT updates are managed, the latest 1.40 is an amazing surprise and I’d like to address a big thank you to the Elektron development team for the continuous support of this machine. But the fact that new updates keep on suprising us makes me believe that it’s still possible to propose and hope for new features for the Octatrack :slight_smile:

So the idea is this: a setting that allows the track parameters to stay the same when moving through parts and banks.

Let me explain: since I got the OT, I’ve dreamt of a live setup that would allow to use patterns and parts as intented, while controlling the machine as a dub mixer with an external controller (in my case my Launch Control XL) . At the moment it is possible to do either of these options, but since parameters are associated to parts, levels and EQs change totally when changing patterns. While if you want to keep everything consistent the only option is to stay in the same pattern and manually change the samples playing. I’ve tried both options, and while they are definitely usable, it always feels a little bit clunkier than it should be and a hair away from absolute greatness.

So here is my humble request, please allow the option to set the parameters as global, so that when we want to use our OT as a mixer and switch through tracks using patterns and parts, the “mixer” stays in the same configuration and we can play it consistently with (or even without) a MIDI controller. This would be such a huge addition to the live capabilities of this machine!

Again, thanks a lot for the continuous support and cheers!

PS: visual feedback for the compressor’s gain reduction would also be awesome

1 Like

So, it turns out that YOU were the one tipping the iceberg and getting electron to finally update the firmware. You, being the last one commenting and mentioning these two request. Thank you!

1 Like

Ha! I imagine this kind of thing had to have been in the works long before my comment, but I’ll take responsibility anyway :rofl:

1 Like

It’s been over 9 hours since the last OS and we still don’t have OB support. It’s like this company doesn’t care about us.

12 Likes

Yeah, I’ll fear that’s now really the EOL of the OT. What a bummer … :rofl:

3 Likes