OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

Maniac. There is always - always - a way with this infernal, outlandish machine.

1 Like

I only want the scales/keyboard folding for midi tracks.

5 Likes

i’ll definitely take the slices though

2 Likes

I wish there was an option, maybe in “Personalize” menu, where you can specify if you keep focus on the same param page (SRC, AMP, LFO, FX1, FX2) when you switch to another track, or in the contrary if selecting another track automatically switches back to the param page that was selected for this track.

In case I’m not clear, let’s say I use T1 and T2, and play a lot with the SRC params of T1, and a delay send (so in the FX2 page) of T2. Each time I switch to the other track, I need to reselect the relevant param page.

1 Like

Record ‘stop trigs’ and ‘loop trigs’ in the record mode of the sequencer would be great, stop trigs stop the recording, and the loop trig is like a one-shot record trig that stops itself when the sequencer runs over it again. I think you’d have to cycle through standard/one-shot/loop/stop with func + trig as NO just exits that screen.

4 Likes

Trig mutes instead of hard mutes (as in the arranger).

2 Likes

i’d love it if they figured out an alternative behaviour for when the playback and write position of a record buffer meet. currently a flex machine playing back a record buffer will abort playback as soon as it reaches the write position (presumably because you can’t read and write from the same address at the same time?)

Use 2 recorders.

You can read current recording at the same time but play back can’t be faster.

by “address” i was referring to the memory address within the buffer, not the buffer itself.

of course i know you can play back from a currently recording buffer.
the fact that playback can’t be faster (well it can, as long as you make sure the read and write pointers don’t meet) is exacly what i meant.

care to elaborate?

If you alternate 2 recorders recording 4 steps for instance, you can alternately playback the 2 recordings on a FLEX (sample locks) and mangle them quicky as soon their recording is finished…playing a buffer while another one is recorded…

Result on incoming audio :

5 Likes

I’m surprised people are still posting to this. I thought the OT was maxed out, and perhaps a final update to address whatever bugs they could one last time may be in the future.

If they’d ever want to go for broke, and it were possible to make an option to record parameter changes using the crossfader during playback would set this instrument into that category on a whole new level.

I love twiddling knobs, but if I could p-lock using the fader, UGGGHH!!!
I’m going to go blow out some candles on this wish :birthday:

2 Likes

because sometimes you get answers as great as the post above you :smiley:

(thx @sezare56)

4 Likes

Possible to record crossfader movements, and plock its values with midi loopback.
Octatrack Tips & Tricks (OT Tips) - #148 by sezare56

1 Like

LFO to track scale

3 Likes

Please update grid slicing to include multiples of three and five… pretty please with sugar on top xxx

Or grid slicing locked to scale track/track length TSTL ON/OFF

Y’all want to turn the OT into a DT and vice versa.

1 Like

Does the DT have direct jump?

can DT modulate track scale?

A simple option to select samples and merge/save them to a new single sample with created slices.