NAMM 2024 -- (January 25 - 28)

News is starting to break, so it’s time to open this pandora.

The show is January 25 - 28 ( 2024 ) at the Anaheim Convention Center in California.
Main page.

There is a full list of exhibitors but given this is an enormous show with all sorts of music business exhibitors, i’ve put together an abbreviated list that may be of more interest here, but is also incomplete.

Exhibitors of special interest

3Dio
ARP Foundation
Arturia
ASM
Bitwig
Bob Moog Foundation
Bome Software
Casio
Entropy & Sons
Expressive E
Ferrofish
Focusrite Group
Freqport
GPU Audio
Groove Synthesis
Hammond ( Suzuki )
ICON Pro Audio
IK Multimedia
Innofader
Intuitive Instruments
Jamstik
Kawai
Kemper
Kilohearts
Korg
Kurzweil
Line 6
Mackie
MakeMusic
McDSP
Modal
Modbap
Music Tribe
Native Instruments
Nektar
Neural DSP Technology
Nonlinear Labs
Nord
Pioneer DJ
PlayDifferently
Pocket Piano
PWM
Red Panda
RME
Robkoo
Samson
TASCAM
teenage engineering
The MIDI Association
this.is.Noise Inc
u-he
UVI
Yamaha
Zoom

We will no doubt be adding to this as we go along.

13 Likes

A few little things already …

teenage engineering will be there and it will be a knock-out, sure to be news in general. Maybe a decksaver for it too.

Nektar will likely be launching their new controller the CS12, which they previewed at last years NAMM.

ASM will be there and who knows what that means.

PWM will be there and expect the launch of their new Mantis keyboard synth, and perhaps a demonstration of a new purely digital synth from them. thread

Suzuki will launch their new Omnichord Post on that.

Yamaha has said they will have new stuff, but no guaranty it is anything like an electronic instrument.

KORG is always worth watching, they have been very busy releasing new stuff recently.

And speaking of releasing new stuff recently and a bit of a surprise as a NAMM exhibitor Music Tribe aka Behringer will be there.

Given that the MIDI Association is a regular at NAMM expect more new stuff in particular regarding MIDI 2.0. Both KORG and Native Instruments have new MIDI 2.0 controllers.

Also a small company Intuitive Instruments will be picking up a MIDI Association award for there new product the Exquis ( thread ), which looks pretty cool as an alternative layout keyboard controller. video

Mackie will be there so expect more about the new Rode / Mackie combination. thread

11 Likes

Come on ASM, let’s see that Hydrasampler :crossed_fingers:

15 Likes

I was hoping Roland might introduce some MIDI 2.0 compatible A800 Pro successor, but looks like they’re not attending. Interesting to see Behringer, I wonder if they decided to introduce something new in person this time (Proton, anyone)? Anyway, could be a pretty interesting place.

Almost a certainty if you ask me. They are there and well it’s a very nice stage.

Roland is not on the list but is there as a center piece of the MIDI Association. Plus the list is not fixed in stone.

EDIT : ( January 16th ) Roland BOSS is now on the list.

2 Likes

Isn’t someone really important for the octatrck creation on ASM now?

1 Like

From almost day one, he took a vacation between.

2 Likes

Since Elektron doesn’t gives an octatrck MK3 maybe ASM will :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Also, really curious about PlayDifferently. New mixer or will it be just promotion on the current mixers?

2 Likes

I was wondering the exact same thing. Performance mixers are a hot thing now.

2 Likes

So looking at the details for the exhibitors Music Tribe has this :

So it’s pro audio gear. Turbosound makes premium speakers like for concerts and performances.

Was dreaming of something dramatic like Behringer showing up with a exhibit of mostly done prototypes. :grin: Would definitely have been fun. Though Midas has been doing a lot of the engineering, though not all, on new Behringer products.

Hopefully, Clavia will introduce a Nord Lead 5 or A2! Several ‘random’ reviews/presentations of the A1 popped out on YT lately; they’ve been preparing us for something :wink:

4 Likes

wouldn’t mind to see the BCR32 popping up somewhere from their bags

6 Likes

Hopefully also in rack version.

1 Like

ND4, for the love of god!
:slight_smile:

6 Likes

i ask Glen every time i see him about groovbox or drum machine and he said they’re not going that way anytime soon.

1 Like

Perhaps i missed it when i did the “Exhibitors of special interest” list, but I think Groove Synthesis got added since then to the exhibition list, so i’ve added them into the special interest list.

Funny how i just posted about them maybe working on a new synth after the 3rd Wave. It’s probably too soon for anything, other than maybe at best a small mention of something at the show. They’re headquartered close by the NAMM show so it isn’t too unusual for them to show up at this show.

But if anything does happen it will be big news.

Remember this ??

18 Likes

Anyone got any news of gear that may be revealed at Namm this year?

1 Like

Yes! And…?

1 Like