Moog Mirror (8-voice poly)

Anyone see this?

14 Likes

moog: here’s a vr app that lets you go wee oooo wee ooooo from inside the comfort of your glasses.

also moog: just kidding please buy our new physical release.

19 Likes

Kiiiiinda looks like a UB-Xa/DeepMind12 Behringer-Moog :smiley:

4 Likes

I didn’t realize this was being discussed in the superbowl synths thread. Should I delete this?

1 Like

that would be ill advised. just remove the question mark from your title and you’re good to go until the name is officially announced.

5 Likes

Nah, don’t delete it, this will need its own thread, good idea making one.

7 Likes

So I’m thinking this sits somewhere between the Matriarch and the one. But, does that mean a “Lite” One, with less polyphony, maybe no FX, etc. Or does that mean “Super” Matriarch, with more voices, patch memory, and maybe it’s a new take on the Polymoog with being able to dial up some strings, organ, piano sounds, etc. I think the polymoog had separate voices, but only one filter.

3 Likes

it looks EXPENSIVE

18 Likes

I can already hear the Loopop video in my head:

“Hi…this is Phatty Matriarch, a.k.a., Big Momma…”

13 Likes

Andrew Huang on facebook:
”Did you catch the mystery synth in Usher’s Super Bowl halftime show? Well…I’ve got it in my studio now. Thanks Moog Music for giving me some early play time with it. Excited to share more when it launches - I think people are gonna flip over this!”

12 Likes

I am so ready for this!

1 Like

About time for a new poly from them that doesn’t cost what a used car costs.

2 Likes

yes, finally time for a new poly that costs what a new car costs!

36 Likes

I doubt it will be that bad.

The Median cost of a new car in the US is $48k.

If they can come in under the OBX8 luxury price, I think it will do pretty well. If it can come in at $2500 it will do very well.

Dont forget the shackles are off Moog now. It will be a reasonable price.

1 Like

My guess is around $3.5-4k.

2 Likes

I will guess the price will be in the $3,000 - $4,000 range, priced in a similar bracket to the Sequential “6” series.

2 Likes

Multi timbral it looks like. I’m thinking it’ll be a 4 voice duo timbral fully polyphonic thing (as opposed to the matriarch paraphony).

I will definitely not have room for whatever it is if there isn’t a module version, but I’m interested in seeing what they come up with.

4 Likes

What if you tilted it on its side?

7 Likes