Moog and inMusic announcement

Sirin mkII would be nice too.

1 Like

I seriously doubt that inMusic will be able or willing to produce at the quality levels that Moog proper did. Not sure about cheaper as well, they’ll probably try to cash in on the premium the brand name achieves before they’ll match price point to new quality point.

1 Like

This is my fear as well but I hope to be proven wrong.

1 Like

This fear has a 95% chance of being right.

1 Like

I’m not so sure. The prospective Mirror looks very high quality. And expensive :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

But the Mirror was basically already done before InMusic bought Moog. (I think)

But they’re still approving and overseeing its realisation (it seems).

My bad. I thought we were talking production. As in, InMusic wouldn’t be willing to produce synths using methods that would result in high quality.

If so, while the Mirror may have already been designed and prototyped and who-knows-what by the time of the inMusic takeover, Moog certainly didn’t have warehouses full of every unit that would ever be made, right? So the Mirror should still serve as a good example of what level of quality inMusic is willing to shoot for in production.

I have no idea what their goals will be when it comes to design the next new thing, of course.

1 Like

Mpc and the demon stuff is very well made high quality gear… why worry? They can make to any level of quality they want and they choose to build good stuff for them… why not moog? I really don’t get the hate… inmusic is not walmart…

2 Likes

Inmusic also has a really good customer service. I used the live chat MANY times and they always solved my problem, went beyond customer service sometimes. Made suggestions, waited on call to hear if it’s fixed etc…

3 Likes

I personally would trust Inmusic to get it right once they settle in with Moog—there may be some bumps at first. I bought one of the last MPC Live mk1’s in Guitar Center’s stock, and it’s worked fine.

I suspect their reputation has two dings on it:

• Roger Linn’s comments in the past (which I don’t have handy—in a video?) about the guy who runs Inmusic.

• The overmilking of the MPC cash cow with more and more paid extras, which tend to overcomplicate the instrument and generate new issues (e.g., having to re-authorize standalone plugins online every so often). It might be wiser (but less profitable) to concentrate on always making sure the existing instrument is the most bug-free, tightest-timed sampler/sequencer it can be.

Interesting topic. A failing Moog Vs. A takeover. Usually when a company is failing quality control suffers. So id rather it be rescued before this happens which is the case here i feel.

2 Likes

I couldn’t be happier with the Minitaur. I’d appreciate an updated MK2 similar to that bass app they recently released. However, when I use it, I never feel like it’s missing anything. It’s very straightforward (WYSIWYG). The updated firmware really added some life to it. The UI and size are perfect. However, the sound really is what keeps it as the bassist in my one man band (and various side projects). Since acquiring the Minitaur, I’ve rarely reached for any other synth for bass duties.

2 Likes

7 Likes

My DFAM new friend? FX and CV modulation would be nice.

1 Like

Seems more likely to be a spectravox of some kind imo, given the xlr input & their previous release pattern

2 Likes

You might be right :+1:

Yes! A new semi modular moog, can’t wait to see what it is.

Looks much like it!

6 Likes