Synth East - Norwich ( February 23 - 25 )

This show is coming up pretty quickly, a little over a week, so time for a thread.

I sarcastically called this “The World’s Smallest Show” elsewhere. Hope Robin Vincent doesn’t mind too much. But it looks like maybe this one could pull over its weight.

Here’s the complete list of exhibitors. But the bigger names from this small list are :

• AMSynths
  • ASM
  • Arturia
  • Befaco
  • Buchla
  • Erica Synths
  • Eventide
  • Expert Sleepers
  • Expressive E
  • Knobula
  • Korg
  • Midicake
  • Moog
  • PWM
  • RYK Modular

Will there be anything new ? Even with only a little over a week to doors open, we can only speculate.

But maybe big news from Moog is on the horizon. Only speculation so far.

And a wildcard from a company with a deep deck is always Korg.

3 Likes

Small maybe, but not a lot of fluff there!
Pretty much all good, interesting names.

2 Likes

Adam Buxton (one of my favourite podcasters) is interviewing Steve Davis, after a showing of a Morton Supodnik doc. I missed the tickets for this one (friday night) as it is sold out. I’m gutted as a number of interests are overlapping in a pleasing Venn diagram way.

2 Likes

There is a show in the evening with Blancmange, with modular DIY workshops on the Sunday with tickets still available (just watched Sonic State and Robin Vincent was on there).

Will Arturia be showing the PolyBrute 12 with polyphonic-aftertouch ? ( post )

Will Moog be showing the Mirror ?

Will there be a head to head competition between these two synths ?

Kaboom !!

Especially now that, I guess, Arturia had the leak article pulled, there will be no news on the xxxxxxxx at Synth East.

Exhibitors have a 6 x 2 foot table for their use. Not the best for showing a synth like the Moog Mirror.

Do they have to bring their own chairs and flask of coffee? :rofl:
I hope it goes well, I sometimes holiday north of Norwich, nice city.

I’m also a podcat, and thought the same about worlds colliding. After missing out on synth east last year, though, I got in early and scored tickets for the Friday as well as the Saturday. Luke Sanger is performing Friday night, which I hope means a Make Noise shared system, something I intermittently lust over.

2 Likes

You are only allowed to bring a TE field desk with accompanying tray :smiley:

So more in scale with the show, Arturia announced the KeyLab Essential 88 Mk3 today.

Arturia KeyLab Essential 88 Mk3

They have already done the Mk3 for the 49 and 61 key versions in this series last year.

Not sure that this will actually be shown at the show, the timing of the announcement might suggest that, but space is limited.

They also started a software sale.

Expert Sleepers has a new module Otterley.

Different from their previous combo units with many different modes, Òtterley is a much simpler, but for me, a more engaging product concept.

It’s an all analog, 5 output LFO module with three CV input controls, and some knobs. The 5 LFOs are grouped as 4 that run similarly, but with variation, and one running separately.

Here’s a video done by DivKid which goes over the details and shows some ideas of how it can be used. Good vid.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I also notice that RYK Modular is running a sale for the show, just for this weekend – 15% OFF !

4 Likes

February 28th :

Part of the Korg display :

( from Abominable Video )

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

February 27th :

Making Sound Machines who makes the Stolperbeats module, did a custom version of that with an extra large display to make it easy for people ( at shows ) to see, and perhaps understand.

After the show they took this custom gear to LOOK MUM NO COMPUTER for him to show in his Museum – a risky move in my opinion. :laughing: They plan in using this also at Superbooth later.

Lots of odd sorts of strange fun is had by all in this video.

2 Likes