[Model Samples] Mute Mode

Maybe I‘m just not able to find it or it‘s simply not there:

Does the Model Samples not have the „Mute Mode“ like Digitone/Digitakt to simple Mute a Track with just one Button while in Mute Mode?

No. It does not.

2 Likes

…wtf…that‘s truly a bummer.

But thanks for the quick response:)

There are two ways to mute tracks though, func+t1 - t6 … or hit and hold a track pad for momentary muting of held track.

Yes I know but I’m really used to Mute Mode from my Digitone while Performing/Recording.

Maybe they’ll add this Function later but maybe I’m the only one who misses it:)

I feel ya, it’s certainly a desirable feature.

Hi! What you are talking about is kind of possible!! I made a little tutorial about the hidden mute mote in the Model:Samples, I hope it helps!!

12 Likes

Ha! Nice discovery! Thanks for taking the trouble to make a video.

@ALBER I wonder if it is a leftover from development, maybe they originally intended to somehow let you store initial Mute settings in patterns and they just didn’t have time to finish it. Just a guess.

1 Like

This is my holy grail for the MC.
I’d love to see this implemented!
Thanks @bibenu and @ALBER

1 Like

SOLVED: For those who absolutely must have a mute mode that doesn’t require the func button, there’s an easier way to get there than the method as explained in the video. It’s still not easy to get to (buried so deep it’s either an easter egg or a bug) but it DOESN’T need to be a new, unsaved pattern.

I can’t take credit, someone told me on facebook.

DD
It appears to be a bug where you enter a sorta ‘function lock’ mode. Any time you enter the text editor with func held down it will lock until you hit func again

bibenu
DD That’s a lot more useful than the way it’s explained in the video … thank you.

DD
bibenu it also works with other commands that bring up the text editor, even on model: cycles.

So the shortest way I’ve found to use it on a pattern that’s already saved is

• ‘Config’ button, then choose. pattern
  • hold down ‘func’ and choose rename
  • you are now in mute mode, so use ‘back’ to get out of rename.
4 Likes

I discovered this method myself and was surprised. But I want Mute mode for each pattern separately.

1 Like

Ha! I once got into such mute state on my M:C unintentionally and didn’t know how to get it back once it was disabled.

Really a shame that there isn’t an official function for this. The fn+pad muting is possible with 1 hand for some pads but not for the furthest apart. At least not reliably for me. A one hand/finger mute action would seriously improve usability in a live gig context.

Does this hack still work on current OSs? My M:C happens to still be on 1.12.

1 Like

Just confirmed still working on M:S 1.13.

1 Like

So this works on M:C indeed. One can still change patterns but track selection doesn’t work anymore, which seriously reduces the appeal of it.

Guess I’ll have to learn to fn-mute with my left hand. That seems more feasible in the setup i have. Of course the other option is having a midi controller mapped to the mutes.

Still no update on the firmware. Still no Mute mode. Elektron, wassup?

1 Like

This is fantastic ,-)

1 Like

No mute mode yet?

With the above mentioned hack, nothing works, no playing pads, no retrig, no track selection, etc… That’s pretty useless

1 Like

It’s a neat little feature. But it doesn’t work with pattern reload at the same time, which would be way more handy in a performance situation.