Model:Cycles Feature Requests Thread

…ah, come on…why not give the models the option to be recorded in single tracks plus fx stem per usb anyways…

no need for further ob inclusion…just virtual single outs…
arguable distance to takt and tone remains…
so, if it can be done within models firmware options, it will come…some day…
and if it’s just for some final boost to sale out…

Alternate sequences (clips)

Maybe something like this has been mentioned before and it might be too much of a programming investment, but I would really like to be able to store multiple alternate sequences per track within a pattern, something like clips in the Roland MC-707.

I realize the FILL function can do something like this, but programming fills is tedious and is limited to a single alternate sequence.

The clip function could work something like this:

1. Activate a track (TRACK + T#)
  2. Activate a clip for that track (TRACK + TRIG#)
    Maybe all tracks could also be switched to the same numbered clip (a scene) by pressing FUNC + TRACK + TRIG#.

To make this all work without surprising anyone, a CLIP on/off checkbox could be added to the Track Setup Menu (and would be off by default). The clip/scene functions would have no affect on tracks with this set to off.

2 Likes

This would also be great for DJ sets; mix-and-match sequences.

You could accomplish it another way, by making it possible to mix-and-match patterns. Same button sequence you described. Might be easier for Elektron to implement since no change is needed to the memory structure.

1 Like

On chord machine, root+dim5 (diminished, no third)

1 Like

Hold the LFO button and turn a parameter knob to move the LFO destination and adjust the LFO depth. This can also be applied when using control all.

5 Likes

Lets have the “hidden mute mode” as a more easily accessible feature. (Please :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Ha! I actually posted about this in the bug thread. I always enter a Mute Mode after you name your pattern but I didn’t even think to just have an un-named pattern and then hit “back”. Thanks for posting!

2 Likes

Awesome idea :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fill mode improvement ideas:

• MIDI CC to turn on and off the fill condition

• Custom fill mode gate. Imagine if you will, a menu that lets me change the fill behavior, stored with the pattern data so I can have it behave differently in each pattern. Imagine a set of choices so that when I press [PAGE] to start a fill, the fill condition stays active until one of these following actions occurs:
    – fill until button is released (current behavior)
    – fill until end of current page
    – fill until end of current pattern
    – fill until a set number of trigs have elapsed (1-64?)
    – fill until button is pressed again (one-button equivalent to today’s [TRACK]+[PAGE] mode)

5 Likes

Ability to transmit CC values on step parameter changes.

This would give the ability to control almost any instrument in the Elektron fashion.

I know each of the encoders transmit unique control change data. However, when playing a pattern, changes of parameters are not transmitted.

I’m sure there might be something going on in the way the hardware is setup, but would be very cool if possible.

Use case: Maybe use one track of the cycles to control a simpler in ableton live. Have a simple max device to intercept control change data and map to any parameters you wish in simpler. So maybe you have the Contour knob/parameter mapped by CC to cutoff in simpler. You can then lock that paremeter on a step in your pattern in the same way you would normally.

Would really take this machine to new places and make it expandable in a number of ways.

1 Like

Did my first live gig with M:C last week. Went great, except for a consequence of the kit-less sound parameter storage method that makes smooth transitions very hard. I had to be very careful of fading out and muting the right tracks at the right moment to prevent hard sound transitions. Then before unmuting a sound remember to first set the track level to 0, then unmute and fade in. Was a drone/ambient set so I really didn’t want rough jumps.

But when I had brought up a sound’s track level manually in the mix (via midi controller), and the sound would persist unchanged in the next pattern, I could still get volume jumps in case that new pattern had the track level set differently than where I had it manually. I don’t currently see a way around that occurring.

So my request: optional live mix mode, in which track levels persist over pattern changes like mutes do. That will greatly help smoothing out this kind of situation.

9 Likes

Oh and another one: a mute page that doesn t disappear automatically…

2 Likes

I guess it will never happen but pleeeeeeease Elektron! We need this! :pleading_face:

1 Like

More machines in general. Perc and metal are wonderful machines but I would love a few more machines that were weird and noisy.

Also [func]+[decay] to set attack time on amp envelope.

5 Likes

Numerical values for track levels would be nice too, just for making matching up levels between patterns a little easier.

8 Likes

First post. I’m not sure if this has been mentioned yet. But mixing on this thing is a nightmare if youre using more than a couple patterns. Can we please get master track volume thats global to the project, or at the VERY VERY least, get those hard to read bars replaced with an actual numerical value? As is, i have to basically count knob increments from the nearest place the squares change. I love the sound of this thing enough to work through the pain, but it feels so unnecessary just give us numbers that can be seen at a glance instead of 6 knob turn increment bars… Ive tried to just not fiddle much with the master volumes, but the default values have no head room and it only takes a little distortion on a couple tracks before the whole thing is a fuzzy mess.

2 Likes

YES! OMG, those bars are a nightmare to balance, like ok the kick is 3 knob turns past the 7th bar, now time to go through and squint at a tiny screen carefully counting my finger twitches…

1 Like

I’ve been having this exact problem. I wish the master track volumes were global like the mutes.

1 Like

I still need to send the feature request to elektron. Please do the same!

How do I do that beyond just posting here? Is there something more formal?