"Cyclical" patch pack for M:C (100 patches!) now available

"Cyclical" is a synthesizer patch pack for the Elektron Model:Cycles.

100 patches are included and are broken down as follows:

Bass: 23
BD: 6
HH/CY: 10
SD: 3
Synth: 50
Tom: 8

As you can see, most attention was paid to synth sounds and bass sounds, using the chord, perc, and tone machines. Heavy, creative LFO modulation was employed in creating these patches.

Instructions for installation are also included with the pack.

You can hear all 100 patches at

You can also hear a demonstration of the patches in three songs at

45 Likes

It would be amazing to have some of this as wav files, as a pack for the M:S :blush:

2 Likes

I got the sound pack and it’s fantastic! The basses are massive. Quite a few cool tricks I haven’t managed to do on my own yet. Great job!

1 Like

Yeeessss. I still use his ND sample chain.

2 Likes

Adams’s stuff is cooler, but here’s my first jam using only the M:C and only Adam’s patches

4 Likes

I feel like this pack was truly eye opening as to how horrible I have been at crafting sounds on this thing. I need to learn better about how the parameters interact with each other. Some of these sounds I wouldn’t have even known were possible on this thing, there was one or two that were basically random arps that went on endlessly.

3 Likes

Okay, okay. I was considering it, but now along with some comments on Instagram, there appears to be some demand so when I have the time to do it right, I’ll make available a separate, sample based version for MS/AR/DT and 44.1khz for OT.

But give me some time, as it is going to be a bit more time consuming than my usual sample pack creation, as I will want to name these samples in accordance with their patch names, which means less leaning on my batch editor/namer and a bit more grunt work. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Bass + Synths standalone pack would be amazing, if you accept suggestions :grimacing:
Thank you very much for the great work

1 Like

I dunno, I think yours is still pretty cool! Definitely has a very live band vibe to it.
Would sound like a 2020 prog band if it were all major keys instead! :wink:
Cinematic too. Good soundtrack for a “gathering the clues” style montage.

1 Like

@NONBEING must be juicing for this :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Let me know when it drops and I’ll buy

I totally am. Just checked the Soundpack page… new Digitone pack?!? Ok now they are just messing with me

1 Like

Ooohhh! Very curious! Thanks for doing this @AdamJay

Downloading tonight

1 Like

Sounds so good - my M:C is going to be here soon - instabuy on these sounds!

1 Like

Thank you, I got into the collection

1 Like

They are pretty good I must say. I use them all the time. This is the best I found so far … Thank you !

1 Like

cheers @crispinemarto

the bass sounds in the pack have turned into my own starting points for all things model:cycles now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey, just wanted to say thank you for making this and that the sounds a great and well worth it for beginners who want to explore new realms of sounds within the M:C.

It has helped me discover some new sounds i really had no idea on how to make my self.

And since the M:C pathces are presets and not samples you can go in to each preset and look at witch parameters are changed to make that specific sound, this is very nice for developing my own sound.

Again, 10/10.

4 Likes

Here’s a track made entirely with the Cyclical patch pack. Full disclosure: Adam sent me a download of the patch pack, but no paid promotion or anything here, I just really like the sounds and felt like making a whole tune with them.

The details:

All sounds are from the patch pack. Some presets were tweaked (mainly decay or drive). Recorded live, one take, no overdubs; no external effects. Tracked through a UA Apollo running some compression and EQ plugs; limiter added in Logic.

Uncompressed file here if you prefer: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsysf301tf3tb59/finalform%20-%20Membrane.aif?dl=0

6 Likes

Came here hoping for clap patches :frowning: This makes me a little sad!

1 Like