Model:Cycles only music

My first post here on Elektronauts - go easy on me. Little live jam I started last night after messing with @darenager tip on pad menu stuff. I started out wanting to make an arpeggiated track for 8 bit game remixing, ended up with something way heavier yet in a way soulful. Enjoy!

16 Likes

Beefy drums! Nice :wink:

1 Like

cheers, mate.

Sounds real good!

1 Like

Hello! This is my first try with the Cycles. I really like how live friendly it is.

9 Likes

Just fantastic, that was :slight_smile:

1 Like

first pattern, 10 minutes after turning it on.

this thing can techno!

I keep it forever!

TR1 Kick, TR2 Kick, T3 Metal, T4 Perc, T5 Tone. T6 unused
through Alesis MicroLimiter

(sounds used available in the Cyclical patch pack for M:C)

20 Likes

Time to update your profile pic then. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Nah, I’d also have to wedge the A4 and AK in there

2 Likes

Second attempt at something. I did run the M:C through a GFI Specular Tempus verb/delay. Does that count?

9 Likes

was waiting for the live action to kick in, but it never did.
^whoah all that on one track.

nice overall sound.

1 Like

Was there really any doubt?

Stoked for you buddy!

I love listening to your stuff. Especially from the Cycles as I can’t now use the excuse (to myself) that your tracks sound sooo good because your sample selection is superior to mine.

The reality is I suppose that this ‘10 minutes after turning it on’ is the result of a lifetime of hard work and skillzzz.

Keep 'em coming :loud_sound:

4 Likes

Not sure what this even is… :thinking: Really loving the kicks from this thing though.

10 Likes

Good idea! XD
I will do it in the near future!

1 Like

No doubt! I could go in the direction of “damn everyone is way better than me if they are getting these complicated sounds and rhythms in 10 mins with a brand new machine” OR “Damn these are great! Look how much power is potentially right at my fingertips! Let’s step up our game!”

I choose the second one!

2 Likes

Yea, actually, there was a little bit of doubt.
Most of the techno I was hearing made with M:C was a bit too pristine/glassy for my own personal tastes. Whenever I heard something with a good bit of dirt in it, all 6 tracks were distorted.
It was all or nothing.

I wasn’t 100% certain it would sound good with something made that was in between those extremes. Not everything does.

Had to try it myself to find out.

1 Like

This one is a bit dirty. Just messing with the Tone engine, getting some nice wobbles out of it.

7 Likes

Fair enough. THD preferences are very subjective indeed.

It was Blush Responses comments on the m:c that convinced me. He is someone who gigs regularly, and has undoubtedly used more gear on big PAs than many, if not most of the people on this board.

2 Likes

Today I made techno.
I was very helpful with the tips on Acid Bass shared in this thread :slight_smile:
17 Likes

today’s pattern.

Chord machine is solid for that old detroit-FM, Robert Hood vibe.

(sounds used available in the Cyclical patch pack for M:C)

31 Likes