Where are the Model Cycles Soundpacks?

Cheers for the tips!

WHOA.

Did not know this existed, might have to buy an iPad now
https://www.elektronauts.com/t/ios-tensor-kit-pattern-randomizer-for-the-model-line/125870/25

1 Like

I’m familiar with this sound but it’s just not really noisy or dirty, but warbly. :man_shrugging:

I guess more specifically I’ve been using a S&H lfo with a rate of x512 with a pretty low depth (2 or 3)… makes it sound sort of dusty crackly/noisey while still having variety all through out the range of the sweep knob

4 Likes

I will have to try that!

1 Like

There’s a new pack of 100 patches here.

6 Likes

I got that soundpack and it’s quite good!

1 Like

I just got that sound pack last night and flipped through it while watching some TV before bed. There were a lot of sounds that impressed me. Lots of weird LFO heavy sounds.

I think you get more of a unique sound just playing with the Model Cycles. It has been one of the most fun machines ive purchased in recent memory.

Edit: That sound pack is dope, thanks AdamJay

2 Likes

Agreed. I think soundpacks are great for the odd sound you want to use as is but buried amongst your own sounds, or else they’re useful for learning a new machine’s capabilities by reverse engineering. Otherwise, create your own!

Edit: I made the mistake of downloading too many when I owned an Analog Keys and it had the opposite effect. Too many to cycle through, barely any I would actually consider using, gave up on them completely in the end. Too many presets are sometimes detrimental :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

WE NEEEEDDDD CLAPPPPPP
sincerely,
-dudes that like to trap on the cycles

2 Likes

We need new machines serioulsy

2 Likes

I’ve been on the fence about the M:C - I really like how it sounds but I’ve increasingly found myself going down the same rabbit holes with how I’m programming it. Then, I was messing about with feeding it through external FX (in particular the Alexander Syntax Error) and thinking I need to spend more time. So, might pull my for sale advert. Anyway, in amongst all of that I did some searching and happened across some sound packs if case anyone is looking for more starting points:

https://wavparty.com/downloads/model-cycles-sound-pack-01/ - FREE!!!

https://www.oversynth.com/product-page/overcycles-sound-pack-for-elektron-model-cycles - $5!!!

Worth checking out, I’m sure…

Those were the two I found when I went searching. I’m fairly sure the wavparty one is donationware … so you could get it for free, but …

You are absolutely correct! I just saw the ‘FREE’ banner on the page but hadn’t got them yet. When I clicked on that there was an option to pay if you want and as there were some really interesting sounds in the demo I watched I thought it only fair to push some cash their way.

1 Like

I like to use the random LFO on the fine tune parameter instead, usually with a fade out. Creates a more dirty sound.

Sounds like single cycle waveforms on the M:S would be the way to go in this case? The Cycles can do bread and butter sounds, but mainly with the 2 op FM machine (Tone) and the Kick. Everything else is a little bit weird, and that’s its strength.

1 Like

Just came across this one from Liquid Limbs. Referenced elsewhere in this forum, but a worthwhile addition to this thread I think.

2 Likes

Also (Liquid Limbs again): Elektron Model:Cycles KIT VOL.2 by Liquid Limbs [no audio samples] - YouTube

1 Like

Another free one. Has wav samples you can preview. Haven’t downloaded the sysex yet.

2 Likes