$10k Octatrack modified

Is this legit? Hilarious price but still interesting if real. I’ve been on Elektronauts for several years and never seen this mentioned

2 Likes

Not sure if the ebay listing is legit, but check the fourth comment here, it’s from the guy who apparently did the mod.

2 Likes

Wot in tarnation? :joy:

2 Likes

Pretty awesome mod but again, hilarious price. I love the part where Ebay says “only $412 a month for 24 months”
Thats a car payment!! Lol

3 Likes

Bit of a pointless mod IMHO, and probably worth $100 extra to anyone who wanted spdif/wordclock, so about $9000 over priced.

15 Likes

Price is insane. The mod is real though it seems. Seen it a few times pop up in the past.

The guy who apparently did the mod posted his email adress (it’s in the link I posted above), so if anyone is interested in the mod, drop him a message.

1 Like

Probably cheaper to buy a used mk1 and ship to France for this guy to mod

6 Likes

The mod is cool but not 9k cool

1 Like

I saw this mod 2 or 3 years ago. I contacted the guy (french) who made the mod, which was around 1000€.

7 Likes

Say what you like about him lads, but he’s got some lovely pepper shakers for sale.

He’s got a Mk2 up for $1,300 as well, so he must know. Anyone with $10,000 to spare on an Octatrack would more than likely be able to get it done for them.

7 Likes

If this sells I’m breaking out the soldering iron…

6 Likes

So if I want dual ADAT instead, what’s that like $80,000?

5 Likes

:wink:

I think the one who did the mod is actually not the one who sells the OT for this insane price, it was for sale years ago. Probaply just someone trying to cash in.

3 Likes

Ah yea, makes sense. Gotta get in on the ground floor!

1 Like

let’s see…

• lists item for 15X what it’s worth
  • includes photos of item being blurry af
  • includes photos of item being dusty af
  • doesn’t know the difference between “there” and “their”

yep! lemme give this person lots of cash!

7 Likes

Can´t stop thinking about how someone in france jumps out of his window if this thing sells. Well, if it does I´ll probaply do it. Gotta get away from this planet asap :wink:

It was already the case for the first sale.

2 Likes

I modified my Wavedrum. I’m selling it 4000$, special Elektronauts offer. Hurry up!
Octatrack and Wavedrum

Modified Monotron : 1500$
A4 and modded Monotron

1 Like

Does the ADAT output all 8 tracks separately?