$10k Octatrack modified

Theorically 8 mono outputs with ADAT, but if I remember correctly, the guy who made the mod told me it was possible with a stereo channel only (spdif).

1 Like

I might pay that for a stomped on rusty “road worn” OT, as an art investment, obviously.

Mildly viral advertising scheme by the modder?

2 Likes

I’ve heard about this. It’s etched in Elektron folklore. Only a handful of people are lucky enough to have seen this machine in person.

$10,000?

I’d pay $50,000. Easily.

4 Likes

You can’t put a price on professional quality sound

3 Likes

That would disqualify half of this forums users too :wink:

6 Likes

not when there’s a Grammy at stake.

3 Likes

this pricing and the blurry advert is way beyond reality - somehow insane and fishy…maybe some bipolar disorder with loss of proportionality?

I’m torn between buying Prince’s DX7 for 25k and this.

13 Likes

I think an octatrack mod where the master volume can go up to 11 will have a bigger chance of being sold for 10k.

14 Likes

The thing is people wouldn’t believe it was Princes. I had Christian Vogels old ESI-32 and no one believed that, probably ever.

1 Like

I’ve a unique prototype Octatrack MK iii I’m willing to let go for $50,000 if anyone’s interested.

30 Likes

I knew the MK3 was out there somewhere. I’ll take it!

4 Likes

Wait until guitars become popular again and dead rockstars children want new toys :golfing_man::money_with_wings:

1 Like

It’ll happen… a backpack full of grooveboxes and a surge protector doesn’t get ladies the way a guitar case, even an empty one, did.

1 Like

I had Roni Size’s Bass Station. Dropped it off at my place in an ambulance.

We should start a new thread

7 Likes

That’s the one with class compliant audio too, huh?

So digital output built in already, a multi-thousand dollar value.

:thinking:

4 Likes

Well to be fair, he lives 2.5hrs north of me and based on my experience with that area…he prob thinks the Octatrack IS the mod to the SPDIF output.

I saw the ad said Arkansas and I couldn’t believe it. Never heard of Horseshoe bend tho.

1 Like

Just so you know, any of my instruments is for sale for €10.000.

4 Likes