What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 2)

Continuing the discussion from What's your latest purchase & what are your intentions with it? [pics ftw] (Part 1) - #10169 by craig.

Previous discussions:

4 Likes

Digitakt and Digitone. My third time owning a Digitakt and second Digitone.
Intentions: To continue where I left off and never sell these ones ! Famous last words :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

38 Likes

@J-Hz

Re: Akai

Wow thats some genuis modding there. Curious to find out more about this mod on the akai keys there…

I think he mentions more about it in another video, but I’m not sure if it was specific to the controller, or just mentioned in another video.

Either way, most of his stuff is worth watching.

Sorry for the odd quote. Couldn’t do a real one from the old thread for some reason.

This innerclock systems thing was sent to me by mistake with my last purchase, I’m not sure what it does or how it works but reckon it does some midi clock voodoo that fixes midi clock and the fabric of time and space…

3 Likes

What did you originally buy that this was the add on to?

Dave Smith prophet 5

2 Likes

It’s basically a midi monitor. Plug it into a midi port and it’ll show you if any note or sync data is passed through.

2 Likes

I think that’s for people who want to add tube warmth to their midi sound.

18 Likes

The one and only! :heart:

I actually had a MNM years ago which I stupidly sold to fund a Prophet 12 - which I then returned (too) quickly because I wasn’t ready for the Dave Smith sound. :roll_eyes: Years later I have learned to love the Curtis filter and Dave’s particular approach to synths, and recently became the happy owner of a Prophet 12 again, but never thought I would get another MNM due to the hype and inflated prices.

But today this silver beautify has finally returned to take its place next to my MD. It was quite a bit more expensive than than first time round, and I can not perhaps 100% rationalize it - but what a lovely machine!

And lesson learned: Never sell anything!

39 Likes

Intention: mostly to hook up to my new bits of modular, but I will also try it with my other piece of sub-$100 Korg usefulness.

16 Likes

Purchase: Microcosm by Hologram Electronics

Intention: Team the pedal up with my Digitone and/or Digitakt and use it to create ambient soundscapes for my techno/house jams. Loving this pedal so far :heart_eyes:

26 Likes

Don’t try just enjoy, I should have never sold my silver duo…

3 Likes

You won’t be disappointed, it’s the perfect Pedal to match with the DN and do ambient stuff.

2 Likes

Belated new OT pic. Bloody loving this combo at the moment!

23 Likes

Fun little device …

13 Likes

Moog Matriarch for ambient electronic journey… :alien:

25 Likes

best bang for your buck pretty much. well, quadraverb is but if you don’t want a rack unit.

3 Likes

Not sure if this still works but check it out:

12 Likes

I was looking for a portable recorder for a long time, and finally found some good second hand deal for a zoom h4n pro, arguably the most recommended in this forum, so I pulled the trigger.

Intentions are many:

• Record my piano practice.
  • Easily record jams without relaying on the computer.
  • Record lyrics quickly to try new ideas.
  • Find sounds to feed the DT.
  • Record the rehearsals and performances of the combo I play with…

I think I’ll use it a lot :slightly_smiling_face:

19 Likes

Got an s8 on the way
Intentions - get confused by playing stems / loops / tracks and lots of fx

12 Likes