8-voice 4-op, i.e.:

• +1 LFO per track
  • key tracking freely assignable LFOs
  • polyphony
    :kissing_heart:
2 Likes

Seems like it can be done.

I think I’ve seen that. it works already

no it cant. monophonic recording itself is possible via autochannel but no chords.

as a digital machine, I feel like digitakt is the demo for the adult sequencer from the OT? are you serious, elektron?

4 Likes

Yer Carl is also confirming on Facbook that he cannot get chords to work from external midi keyboard.

1 Like

DT’s definitely looking pretty stingey/‘safe’ so far by modern standards from a company as traditionally generous/experimental with features as Elektron. I’d have expected way more fx, polyphonic tracks, slicing, timestrech etc to be included as standard on something new like this from elektron. And then the more crazy new ideas stuff like scenes/Rec buffers etc + separate physical outs, large memory, extra lfos etc kind of stuff held back for OT2… They’re in kind of a mess tho as they can’t really put too much OT stuff inside something like DT until an OT2 appears and raises the bar/reduces the relative crossover.

I’ve watched a bunch of DT vids now, very little feature progression inside over what they’ve made before. All the demos I’ve seen feel/sound mostly same old same old. Not sure I need any more boxes that hem me in to that monophonic tracks, p-locks, workarounds, 64 step loop kind of writing/sound. And lots of old features missing. Some nice ui/algo etc refinement tho, definitely feels like the baby brother/r&d to something coming later… That or there is no OT2 and they plan to protect OT sales for the forseeable future.

A public roadmap of at least some of the things that will ‘definitely’ be eventually added might be a good step at this point.

2 Likes

just searched ‘pong’ in the manual and there’s only a ping-pong delay, not looping. And I saw various people in videos go through the loop types and it wasn’t one of them.

But glad if I happen to be missing something.

I’d like to see:

• Polyphonic record on MIDI with the chromatic mode

• Retriggers on MIDI tracks

• The chromatic mode to be made “sticky” so that when you jump into live record it stays on.

• Fix the tempo nudge

• Adjust the play of some of the encoders - somebody already mentioned the filter - I’d really like to see the same pop up menu selection that is on the LFO destination implemented on the Trig condition encoder. I use trig conditions a lot.

• Change trigless locks so that they don’t interrupt retriggers, or give us the option to change how they behave. Might be able to do this on the note page now I come to think of it…anyone had any luck with this?

• Change the start parameter so that it adjusts from 1 - 128 rather than to 120. Also, holding func and turning start should adjust it in steps of 8. Not a replacement for slicing, but if you have a loop it would make it much easier to find a musically relevant part if you needed to.

8 Likes

This whole lack of being able to record chords through midi bothers me. I guess you can sample the chords and it’ll work fine but I just don’t get why it can’t be done via midi.

I think some form of compression/sidechaining would be my most desired feature request

1 Like

just a reminder: this is the first available public OS version. Pretty sure things are being added / improved.

8 Likes

you’re right, it is not possible. what they did is having either forward or backward loop so I suppose you can parameterlock this. maybe even better this way - more precise?

I get your point. In a sense, its a very simple machine. I love simple machines, I dont own a modular for this very reason and I also really want to love the DT!
But this somewhat tiny polyphonic midi record feature makes the difference between a powerful device for making music in realtime and/or a machine for intuitive drums and bass only. it would be soooo easy to just allow this and all of a sudden its a freaking powerful machine. thats why I called it a “demo” in reference to software plugins.

keep in mind - we’re talking about stuff which is usual in DAWs since ages. and everything you can do in the DT you can do in any simple DAW’s sampler.

I suppose they underestimated this while deciding what to throw out and what to keep. can be easily resolved though.

2 Likes

@stimming

Regarding not being able to record chords via Chromatic/External - this looks like a bug, and we are looking into solving it.

24 Likes

This is a feature request thread … supposedly … there’s an awful lot of noise on it … one thing’s certain, that noise isn’t gonna help anyone plough through this thread with any degree of patience, particularly wrt the outbursts … it’s been out a day or two and it’s very clear that everything isn’t in place just yet … fixing os snags is something that seems to follow most product releases, hang in there

Please keep it on topic …

… there are many other threads to discuss current functionality and voice concerns, along with the tedious sales theories :thup:

6 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Off-topic: from DT FR Thread

How about a scale mode additional to the Chromatic mode where the two rows represent 2 octaves of a chosen scale and key.

10 Likes

I’d like to see this along with 1 button chords in chromatic mode. It’s the one thing I’m probably going to miss most form the Korg Electribe Sampler.

2 Likes
  • Automatic silence trimming (or even just manually setting slice points) of recorded audio and saving all samples with a given name + rising number. Would speed up recording multiple drums and other short phrases a lot. Maybe add an option to auto assign the samples to free tracks.

• A quick sampling function: hold down sampling button and an audio track to quickly record straight to the track. The same auto trimming feature would work wonders here as well.

• Would be helpful to be able to adjust sample tuning in full note intervals as well as octaves.

4 Likes

Is there transient detection when trimming? Might be useful with the L/R cursor for snapping fast to next/prev transients. If not there already…

7 Likes

Id like the ability to add accent for each step.

3 Likes