Introducing Digitakt

Strange seeing the Sweetwater folks getting shipping notices. I was told I was in the first batch pre-order back in April. Anyone order in April and get shipping notice?
I just shot an email to my guy over there also.

I’m March 25th, but nothing yet.

I’m sorry if this is a dumb question, but I’ve seen a few messages around saying that you can’t sample while on playblack mode, so I just wondered… I guess you can’t sequence a synth with Digitakt and sample it at the same time?
let’s say for example I want to send a MIDI track with a chord to a synth, and sample it so I can transpose it as a sample… is this possible?

1 Like

I think tutorials are more useful. Good producers can make cool sounding stuff on any gear, so someone jamming and it sounding good is just an advertisement for the gear that may be misleading. The only thing that really matters across all ability levels is the features and workflow, not how good a very talented producer can make something with it on the fly.

1 Like

??? you can’t record from the midi keyboard to the sequence? oh really…
(around 10:15)

4 Likes

I see what ur saying.

Tutorials definitely are useful I’m just over the whole “this button changes a track”

“This is how you change the pitch”
Type intro videos. But once again honestly I’m just being bitter because I don’t have one in my hands yet lol

1 Like

This may have already been covered but I hear u can only record 4 note chords which is cool. But is it possible to do it with the DT itself or do you need to record midi data from a midi keyboard?

Like can the DT’s keyboard record chords or does t have a chord mode

Silly question time. Terrible with reading manuals off my phone so pardon if this is in there. I’m not able to save a pattern, currently get an N/A: write protected warning. The pattern stays there in that slot but I’m afraid to fiddle too much once I get to a spot I like.

Did you clear the demo pattern and start from there? It’s write protected.

You can lock and unlock patterns

1 Like

I should really print this manual out. Thank you for the direction.

1 Like

What is the DT not coming up as a sound card?
Thats pretty silly, bizarre

He says he can, no ?

It’s unfortunate that your function button got marked … it’s probably important to say that the pliers and protective tape thing is about ‘feel’ … and it may well be more difficult with the profile shape of those buttons … it’s a broad plier that i’d go for and i’d double tape with insulating tape which has more compliance and grip, then it’s patience and feel … I’ve no idea if this would work so easily with the newer button caps (very easy on the dark trinity style), the support response seems to be that it would be okay … however, the reason for posting … i’d not recommend a strategy that involves inserting anything in and under the cap, there are a number of reasons … tbh, if the issue was indeed proving this tricky on a handful of the first run i’d ask support to supply a pair of replacement caps and i’d carefully superglue something to grip on the top of the misplaced ones to pull them off … as before, before doing anything, have a chat with support, they are the only authority on this stuff, I’m just chipping in again as I brought up the taped/pliers above (probably should have stipulated a broad plier, and the importance of trusting your ‘feel’ when trying carefully to get purchase on the sides)

I’m sure Simon posted above that they’d sort you out if anything didn’t work out as a result of this assembly error (i guess some folk won’t have pliers and so on, maybe the caps don’t offer much of a side to grip on anyway) so maybe you can get a replacement sent for your dented function button

I like the jamming videos more. It’s not about the sound as much as it is about seeing the workflow possibilities. Tutorials are cool for more advanced stuff of course.

1 Like

Yes. I see it records from midi controller 1 note at a time (Mono) but I don’t think it will record poly (chords) from midi controller.
I think you have to add the extra notes per step…

I could be wrong and hope I am.

My Digitakt won’t be her till middle of June. :confused:

that’s the modern times… everything needs to be separate track … because I can then later tweak this and that

What if you use your creativity and just finish it in the box?

Is the DT usable with one hand, like if I’m playing an instrument (guitar, drums, keyboard) and want to edit/start/stop patterns in real time? Or are most operations two-handed? I’d set up most of the patterns/sounds beforehand but would want to make modifications during the song.

This is good news.
I preordered but I’m told it will be another 2 weeks till I get mine. Hopefully any bugs will be resolved by then.

So far I’m happy from what I’ve seen by the demos on YouTube.

I’m asking because I read somewhere that you had to stop the machine to sample… can someone confirm this? can you send a MIDI track with a chord to a synth, and sample it without stopping the machine to transpose it as a sample?