The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Almost octatrack specs

1 Like

you have to press function and the channel encoder to engage the midi channel itself. took me ages to find out.

4 Likes

Question: does the midi sequencer really only record ONE NOTE??? and I have to add the other ones via Parameterlock afterwards?
so far I didnt found out a way to record a chord into the midi sequencer which confuses me big time.

hopefully Iā€™m wrong and someone knows how to do this.

Iā€™m a very experienced OT and Rytm owner, please keep that in mind.

uhmm not really - Iā€™m not asking for 3 lfoā€™s, or more fx, or even time-stretching, or +Drive sample load, or scenes, wich I think are pretty big difference from an OT, wich I own and know pretty well

1 Like

can confirm that it doesnā€™t do this.
yea would be a good addition, for live recording, and by also holding down a trig key and holding some notesā€¦
I think the code for this would be more-or-less a copy-paste from the A4/AK

3 Likes

Cant you do it with a midi keyboard?

I tried only with the AR pads in chromatic modeā€¦ gonna check again, but think they act just like a poly midi keyboard.

Given, on foot of elektron saying so, we should expect the DT to be one of several new product releases over the near term, I think the older elektron days of mega updates are over, with transformational additional functions being revealed.

DT looks very solid to me already for the box it is seeking to fill. Feature creep in the direction of the OT seems unlikely if there is ever to be a full priced OT2.

Expect a few tweaks, but not massive additions. It remains a very tempting, very hands on, dedicated sampling sequencer. Iā€™ve had several carts with it in it ready to buy, but my trusty OT keeps looking dolefully at me, like an old family dog, hoping to be recognised for the powerhouse she once was recognised as ā€¦ and still is.

4 Likes

This please.

57 Likes

At first I dismissed the battery thread. But thisā€¦ Especially if Elektron plan on releasing more boxes at this size. I play with the Digitakt in the living room and while the plug isnā€™t an issues it would be super neat to only have to plug it in at night.

2 Likes

no, you canā€™t do this via external midi in. neither via chromatic mode (which in midi is monohponic anyway) nor through an external keyboard (which works excellent for the 8 sample slots - always in chromatic and velocity, very well done)

so elektron - THIS really isnt cool. its a pipi mini standard feature for live-playing and jamming. I totally understand why you keep this machine simple and I love its simplicty but here you went too far. I very much hope its not a business decision.

5 Likes

I was a bit worried about the midi sequencer, now I think itā€™s totally ok even without per track tempo multipliers. Same about slicing. I realized thereā€™s a workaround for pretty much everything left out and that DT is pretty good as is.

When watching the new demos yesterday I had some nice ideas (not even feature requests, but I think they would make perfect sense):

1. Heard some guys complaining about no visual indication on parameters being tweaked externally or via p-locks. Elektron could implement animations on the standard knob icon in a way that the pointer still shows the absolute value, and a second indicator shows how much is being affected. This would give a instant visual feedback of whats happening with the parameters (and you wouldnā€™t need to e.g. check p-locks pressing one step at a time). This makes sense for you?

2. This one is borrowed from Beatstep Pro. When controlling step individual lenghts for midi sequencer (which DT already does), you can set a value eg. 0-100, and after that you have ā€œtieā€ and ā€œglideā€ options. If you think about, it works pretty much as the trig conditions parameter (you go from 0-100% and after that some ā€œspecialā€ options) so it would integrate pretty well in :3lektron: workflow.

2 Likes

You can play the AR with an external Midi key. You just have to make sure the range/octave is right

we were talking about the digitakt midi sequencer

2 Likes

Technically, itā€™s not a feature, but a carrying case for Analog Heat and Digitakt would be nice. Iā€™m a bag lady, when it comes to my gear.

4 Likes

Just thought of another one:

A tuner in the chromatic mode that you could use to pitch samples to a particular root note. This would allow for some interesting melodies and would be even cooler if there was a musical scale mode as well.

6 Likes

ping-pong looping option

7 Likes

Do I need to press down the encoder before I twist it?
I was just trying to get the right channel dialed in.
I tried yesterday and couldnā€™t get the boxes with the X on them to ever register.

Edit, ok, I got it press down the encoder while holding fn then let both out. Makes sense

Can you please try auto channel and record mode?

I would really like to be able to record chords into the DT by use of external midi keyboard. Not sure I will take to entering chords manuallyā€¦ seems unnatural.

4 Likes