The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

I use the DT also as a 3 oscillator synth, played via external keyboard. So a glide/portamento like on the Digitone would be super!

4 Likes

Moving sample slots would change your sequences though as sample slot number is what gets linked to the pattern. It would also change what samples get triggered if using an lfo on sample slot.
I do like the idea of post load in sample arranging I’m not sure they could implement it without changing something drastically.

1 Like

The option to not normalize any recorded or imported sample… sometimes I just want the sound just as it was on my computer or as it was before I sampled it. After it get squashed and never sounds the same again.

2 Likes

Hmmm, where’s your 3rd oscillator coming from?

I want the simplest thing of all: A combination of button to switch off the screen and the engine and use the DT as a simple 2in 2out sound card to listen music or working in a DAW.

1 Like

Can’t Elk Herd do this? I’m no expert, I haven’t used it myself yet, but I thought this was one of the things it can do…

Cool user name by the way :smile:

1 Like

elk-herd doesn’t have a “sort” feature… but it is easy to see the whole sound pool at once, and drag and drop it into whatever order you want.

3 Likes

I use 3 tracks, each as an oscillator on the same midi channel.

1 Like

Ah ok

i would like to see a conditional trig that evaluates to True if another pattern has been cued up.

7 Likes

Underrated request. It’s basically like a “fill” mode, but not like the existing FILL mode. I’d love this.

1 Like

I know this has been mentioned before, but having sample zoom from the SRC page for setting p.lock start points would be really nice. I personally don’t feel I need all the knobs to do the same thing on both SRC pages, if the first SRC page stayed the same and the second had zoom controls and start end and loop point controls that would be really useful.

Conditional retrigs could also be really fun.

2 Likes

I think the DT would lose some of its immediacy if the encoders on the src pages do different things, @Odo . One of my main issues when performing with the Digitone is that I have to be extra mindful that I’m on the correct page when pressing a page button.

This has happened too often: press flt to adjust filter cutoff. Oops! I’m on page 2/2 and tweaking the bandpass base instead! Press flt again and now I’m on the correct page.

Alternatively: press syn1 to change the B ratio. Uh oh, I’m on page 2/2 and turning the A operator’s level instead! Press syn1 again and I’m on the correct page, phew.

Both of these cost me precious time troubleshooting what went wrong in the middle of a sick transition, and it comes out limp because the pages threw me off =(.

That said though, sample zoom would be very convenient!

Edit: repeating my request for TRIG+YES to preview p-locked trigs with this video demonstration I put together:

15 Likes

I’m sure this bothers other too:
The encoders are extremely sensitive when adjusting retrigger length and rate. Much more sensitive than any other setting, anywhere. Holding FUNC doesn’t help much to jump to useful values.

Seems like Elektron missed this one when encoder feel was improved years ago? Some more precise and predictable behaviour would be most welcome!

1 Like

Yeah the encoders generally take some time to get a good feel for them.
You can adjust the retrigger rate with up and down arrows, it‘s a bit more convenient. Retrigger length is still a bit fiddly though.

3 Likes
  1. SRC Sample Zoom
  2. Support for Sample Chains
  3. Ability to pass through audio and use it’s effects

Of the above, #1 is probably the most important to me. It would make so many things easier. You could then sort of make your own sample chains, and just scrub cleanly to the start points. It is possible to do this now, but with more than 3-4 samples in the chain, it gets very difficult getting to the start point of a new sample in the chain.

9 Likes

I wish the Page/Scale edit mode would light the trigs Yellow instead of Red.
Red should be for Step Record mode only.

[edit] hold trigs 3+4 (red+green=yellow) together in Test mode (hold func on startup) if anyone’s interested to see how it would look.

2 Likes

:pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

try to push and turn the knob, instead of just turning it;
this will give you just “key” values.
starting at .0125 you only get values 0.125, 0.625, …
now, if you turn the know to 1/4 first and then press the knob, you have 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64 as key values; my guess is that is what you want.

btw. this behaviour works throughout the digitakt. its extremely handy f.e. on the source page, if you want f.e. to trimm the start or loop point to exactly the middle of your sample.

I’ve been playing around a lot with the MIDI tracks so I have some feature requests for those:

VAL1 to VAL8 respond to MIDI CC 70-77, but will emit whatever is set for them on the next page (VAL1: 19, VAL2: 81, VAL3: 82, etc.). It would be nice to have an option to switch so that VAL1 to VAL8 respond to the incoming MIDI CC on the same numbers as they’re configured to emit. That would make it much easier to do a round trip of playing my synth and recording all the knob tweaking, then have the sequencer play it all back. I work around this by using a custom firmware on a RetroKits RK002 to remap CC70-77 to the numbers I want, but it would be nice handled within the Digitakt.

I would like it to be possible to MIDI CC control pretty much everything on the SCR tab, but especially the PB, AT, MW, and BC settings. It seems a big oversight that the Digitakt can’t respond to and record incoming mod wheel values.

I’d also like a fix for whatever bug exists that causes trouble getting the Program Number to consistently apply to the Novation Circuit Mono Station. I’ve followed threads on here but haven’t been able to successfully work around the issue yet.

MIDI CC control of the LFO settings would also be quite useful in some cases.

1 Like