The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Haha oh dude that is a classic combo of course, love it!

2 Likes

my #1 DT feature request:

Purge unused samples from memory
please

4 Likes

Step mode is the bestest

sometimesā€¦not all the time :wink:

you ever use it for melodies?
v fast if you have some rhythm going and you need some squiggly bass line underneath.

Good idea, but no. Iā€™ll use an arp, external. But I like that idea :+1:t6:

1 Like

Itā€™s good for happy accidents.

1 Like

Reintroduce the start/stop command optionsā€¦

2 Likes

IĀ“m pretty happy with my DT and its possibilities. My only two feature requests are:

• Stereo thru (even without overbridge). IĀ“d like to use the DT as a simple mixer. It would be great, if the incomming audio would pass thru in stereo. ItĀ“s ok so sample it in mono. If itĀ“s possible with overbridge, it might be possible without, too.

and

• sample time streching!
2 Likes

SOLO mode. For me I would happily swap out ā€œglobal muteā€ functionality in trade for this. I literally never use that mute mode and likely never will so i would rather have SOLO function like on a mixing board. I know you can mute 7 channels to hear 1, but that is not an efficient flow for meā€¦

also, a light dimming option.

and if we canā€™t have song mode, can we at least have the ability to save pattern chains.

9 Likes

The +Drive is a total mystery to me. Why havenā€™t they added a simple SD card slot. So simple.

You know this tool, right?

https://electric.kitchen/crunch/elk-herd/

1 Like

Maybe SD doesnā€™t have the read/write speed that they need.

+Drive is not involved in ā€œreal-timeā€ sample streaming. Thatā€™s what you have the 64MB for.

I just wonder if the +Drive is part of Eletronā€™s design philosophy that a limited amount of sample space stimulates creativity. Something I cannot disagree with. But the cost of having limited space is just too high for me. You have to manage the +Drive and the sample pool. Just too much management. It hinders my workflow.

3 Likes

Iā€™m new here andā€¦ wow, amazing!!

Totally for Solo. Though Iā€™d love to keep mute :slight_smile:

I havenā€™t tried yet (Iā€™m new here) but I believe I read in the MIDI implementation chart that there is a Solo to be access via MIDI, have you seen that?

That would be convenient yes!

Your video is so well done that I tried to see if it is real though :slight_smile: (Iā€™m very new here)

1 Like

You have an old version of the manual. Solo was removed in an early version of the firmware. For the most up to date manual itā€™s best to grab it directly from elektron.se

1 Like

Theway it is
Digitakt IS for meda mo.stsampler today.
Behind digitaktšŸ¤—

Yeah I wonder what would happen if you popped a bigger harddrive into the digitaktā€¦ havenā€™t heard of anyone trying it and maybe the way it is coded it wouldnā€™t work? I would kind of just expect it to work though, especially the way digitakt acts when full basically feels like it is attempting to write but canā€™t find more space. Someone will probably correct me but seems like you could find a compatible drive with a few TBs of space and be pretty much set for space. Maybe you would have to do some formatting trickery to get it all working? Iā€™m bit surprised I havenā€™t heard of anyone exploring it though.

1 Like