The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

I’ve gotten there a few times as well.
You know, some MIDI automation, a reverb hit here, some longer amp decay there, conditional trigs, note length/pitch, it fills up faster than you imagine.

Especially when implementing some kind of transition animation to go from one type of sound to the current pattern.

Something I would really love to be added to any elektron machine in the future

To be able to have separate mixes on the headphone and the outputs. So that you could cue sounds through the headphones without playing them live and demo etc.

For me, this would open up any elektron box a great deal. There are alot of things you CAN do on these things, they have so much potential. But in a live situation they are hard to pull off. Of course with practice anything is possible, but this makes it easier

A lofi resample mode that automates the process in the video below would be super dope.

For example, being able to select “lofi resample” as an option for a selection of audio and then set the number of times that the DT repeats the process of (1) pitching up, (2) resampling, and (3) pitching back down to original pitch to dirty the sample up.

It seems like that would be a pretty easy thing to implement and could draw a lot of people that like the grimey/lofi sound, which covers a wide range of genres from hip hop and drum & bass to Boards of Canada.

4 Likes

Hmm you know, the pitching around really only removes frequency information once – the first time you do it. After that you just get the Digitakt’s output stage, with all the nice mid/treble boost going on.

I remember a post about the Digitakt’s noisefloor that kind of came to the conclusion that there’s some master EQ going on digitally, before the signal gets converted to analog. Not quite sure though, I can’t seem to find that post again.

Kinda cool though, resampling that often and it still sounds nicely musical.

Edit: Although to be fair, the pitching around makes output stage act on different regions that it would normally be on.

2 Likes

this would be a great workflow improvement!

2 Likes

Stereo processing in the Reverb would be very nice. Having the Delay’s pingpong stereo spread flattened to mono when sending it into the Reverb is a bummer. Same goes for AK actually… true stereo Reverb for all devices then! And an option mono Reverb output pls :slight_smile:

In regular Play mode, the tracks’ trigs flash to show their sequence.

I’d find this really handy in Step Record mode when holding TRK to switch tracks.
Currently the track buttons do not flash their sequences when holding TRK, so i have to come out of Step Rec mode to remind me which track i actually want to edit.

An eq.will be. reallycool
Min +17 dB
Max -24 dB

1 Like

An option to switch the Retrig’s velocity fade from linear to logarithmic

Digitakt/Overbridge TINY feature request. When monitoring Ext L/R… have a tiny checkbox option to not have them panned L/R for when you’re using two mono things :slight_smile: really off-putting having them unwillingly panned. Would really be great to add some super basic controls for EXT input like Digitone has.

3 Likes

Yep! This feature is a must!

For me. The biggest missing feature from the digi-line is external processing. If there’s going to be another update to the line, we really need the ability to process through not just the effects, but the filter and the compressor.

Just that alone would make the digitakt digitone combo so much more powerful. Real time sampling like the OT does would be one better. But I would be happy with just the above

2 Likes

I would be so happy with the digitakt to just have audio through FX like digitone so I could link another synth (I don’t want a mixer just for that) but this would be even better!

Yes to all of the above.

Also, a way to sort samples in the sample pool by alphabetical/reverse-alphabetical or even size would be useful. I’m the kind of person that formats the samples a specific way and sometimes I remove some and add new ones… but there’s no easy way to move the samples to other slots when it’s all mambo-jambo’ed up.

my dream would be for the OS to be open-source or to provide a minimalist SDK, a bit like Novation did with the first Launchpad Pro. I find it a bit sad that very few companies take advantage of what the community has to offer. There hasn’t been anything recently except the SDK of the Minilogue, but it’s only for the third OSC. A mix between an axoloti(software) and a digitakt(hardware) with a minimalist basic OS would be perfect :pray:

2 Likes

I use the DT also as a 3 oscillator synth, played via external keyboard. So a glide/portamento like on the Digitone would be super!

4 Likes

Moving sample slots would change your sequences though as sample slot number is what gets linked to the pattern. It would also change what samples get triggered if using an lfo on sample slot.
I do like the idea of post load in sample arranging I’m not sure they could implement it without changing something drastically.

1 Like

The option to not normalize any recorded or imported sample… sometimes I just want the sound just as it was on my computer or as it was before I sampled it. After it get squashed and never sounds the same again.

2 Likes

Hmmm, where’s your 3rd oscillator coming from?

I want the simplest thing of all: A combination of button to switch off the screen and the engine and use the DT as a simple 2in 2out sound card to listen music or working in a DAW.

1 Like