That Syntakt Sound

The latter!

2 Likes

This!

1 Like

Hear for yourself:

3 Likes

You could score a David Lynch or Wim Wenders film with that track. Love the trumpet sounds, too! Got any place to check out more of your music or clips?

I wouldnā€™t say anything, but so much more than the demos are showing off.

1 Like

Hi. Thanks for the great feedback. Iā€™ve been having a long break from making music, so these tracks on elektronauts (Iā€™ve posted 3 different (test)tracks in these forums) are the only ones available at the moment. Hopefully Iā€™ll get more into music production now the upcoming period. Iā€™ll let you know. Itā€™s really nice to hear that you liked the piece - gives inspiration to continue exploring

1 Like

Iā€™d say it can do anything out of the box, including the sweet fringes like Noise, Industrial and Ambient.

6 Likes

It can produce anything. Like most instruments, it depends on the player.

2 Likes

Is this Syntakt only?

Might have been a bit of Analog Heat on it, canā€™t remember.

Iā€™ve gotta say after a week with the ST, Iā€™m super impressed. It might be the overall best sounding Elektron Iā€™ve used, and as a self-contained groovebox/workstation it feels the most complete.

I was hesitant about the whole simplified ā€œmachinesā€ approach at first, but @AdamJay and others convinced me to give it a goā€¦ and even with streamlined parameters there are so many sweetspots to modulate and p-lock that itā€™s incredibly powerful. Plus the FX track is a serious tool for sound design and adds another level of production to the whole packageā€¦ just blown away by it.

16 Likes

This is very encouraging. What other Elektrons have you owned/used?

All of them, except the MD and MnM.

1 Like

This is totally what Iā€™m all about and itā€™s also what I teach my students, stick with a few instruments, learn them inside and out and find your own sonic signature and voice. The artist you mentioned are great examples of that.

7 Likes

Maybe itā€™s just my preference, but it seems to lend itself well to the digidub / dub techno sound, as well as a LoFi house / micro house type thing, but also I think any electronic style can be catered for.
It pairs well with something like Koala on my iPad for sample goodness to take it to the next level

1 Like

Iā€™ve had my Syntakt for about 2 months now and although there is a lot to like about it Iā€™m already becoming frustrated with a few things, mainly the general ā€œmetallicā€ tone of everything I seem to make with it. I think itā€™s very easy to get something started with these simple macro machines but I canā€™t seem to get outside of a certain small ā€œareaā€ of sound and Iā€™m struggling to make the sort of music I want to make. I had the same issue with the Digitone, no doubt an amazing little box but I couldnā€™t get past that metallic FM sound.

I got my Analog Rytm MK1 back out of the box this morning and has a listen to some of the stuff I made with that within the first month or two and I like the sound better and itā€™s still very easy to get something started once youā€™ve got some decent ā€œraw materialā€ samples on the +Drive.

My Analog Rytm is up for sale here but Iā€™m seriously reconsidering now. I havenā€™t changed my opinion that the Syntakt is a great little box with a lot of potential (in more accomplished hands than mine) but I think the digital machines that Iā€™ve mainly been using have a certain tonal ā€œqualityā€ and thatā€™s absolutely fine but if itā€™s not going to get me where I want to go then that may inevitably lead to frustration.

I have to reiterate whatā€™s been said many times on this forum (including by me) that the combo of digital samples plus analog filters/overdrive in the Analog Rytm is something special. I still have annoyances with spending too much time curating samples but thatā€™s my own personal problem, not a problem with the hardware!

3 Likes

Weird, I canā€™t see what youā€™re referring to with these metallic tones, exactly.
On FM, I get it, although you have two (or even 3) filters to tame them, as well as dedicated envelopesā€¦ But the other sounds? Metallic? They are rich in high frequencies, maybe, but you can tame them, with AFX filter even.

5 Likes

I think it sounds like The Tuss.

Tusstakt

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like