Teenage Engineering TX-6 Mixer

Maybe that OTO mixer is more what you are looking for

I must admit I don’t know if i would have bought the TX-6 if the OTO mixer was already out.
on the other hand, I really have learned to love the fact that the TX-6 is battery powered.
so powerful to be able to have a truly portable setup without battery packs (e.g. ob-4, op1 field, po’s, tx-6)

can it be used on a smooth desk surface with just one hand? The base ‘leather’ material looks nice but wouldn’t a rubber grip base have been more practical?

1 Like

Glass from Blade Runner? Nice :ok_hand:t3:… it certainly makes spirits taste that little bit more special :smiley:

Haha good spot

1 Like
1 Like

The OTO can not act as an audio interface. I won’t be getting the TX-6 because it’s way too small and mostly the price is prohibitive for me, but I’d LOVE to find a small, portable, battery powered mixer that includes some basic effects and that is mfi certified.

The tx6 would be almost perfect to use with my M8, Volcas and iPhone. I could mix all of them, combine both hardware and iOS software synths, and record whatever jam, without being tied to a desk.

1 Like

Hi guys, I just received the TX-y and I m a bit disappointed, I can’t send start/stop/clock from Tx-6 to my OP-1f via BLE.
Both are in the last firmware, Tx-6 is in ble link, set to send midi, i can see it does in the tempo menu.
Problem is on the op1, i’m paired, but nothing is received in the midi sync tempo menu when i press play on the tx-6

With usb it works fine but not with BLE, weird … I think one of the last updates allow the BLE clock send … did I miss something ?

MPC Live II is battery powered and does way more than TX-6 and better value for an all in one solution.

1 Like

No clock sync over ble unfortunately! Although staty/stop messages do work!! And by setting both to the same tempo manually, they stay in sync quite ok in my experience

Apart the fact that they are not the same thing at all. The MPC Live is also like what, a 100 times bigger? And I already have an MPC One.

But I’d love a small mixer to pair with my M8, a couple iPhone apps, the Volcas, etc. If the Bluebox could act as an audio interface it would be perfect…

The MPC would not be suitable for this use case at all.

2 Likes

Thx for your reply, as it was written ble clock in/out in the 1.4 update I was thinking it would wrok but in my case bpm sync doesn’t work, and only the stop works, start isn’t… ok I guess I’ll sync through usb, hoping to see a fix in the next update

Edit : Start/stop/clock work perfectly with Ableton. Strange that start and clock don’t work with the Op1f

the manual says that there are 3 parameters per fx to control from external midi!

did someone already check the functions?

it’s like that:

Fx1 midi channel 8 / CC 12-13-14 for 3 parameters

and

Fx2 midi channel 9 / CC 12-13-14

they’re fixed but I guess the OP-Z can unlock and sequence these parameters :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

should be possible, sure you selected / enabled the transport controls in the midi settings of the op-1 f? (just set everything on both haha)

Yep, at least on my wood desk. Left hand on prefereable synt and right djing on tx6, the size makes it fast to manouver with one hand. great little mixer !

I just checked it.

It seems there are no hidden parameters. Which means most effects so far seem to have only parameter to edit, apart from the filter.

actually no change in sound?

dry wet / speed etc?

I’ve found the TX-6 surprisingly flexible, not just because of its size but as a mixer in general. The battery-powered part of it, and the fact that it doesn’t drain in an hour, the onboard fx quality, the routing options … there’s a lot to this that hardly meets the eye (given the size, haha :).

I’ve used it for all kinds of routings, fx loops, recording solutions and whatnot. Yes, it’s pricey, but it really offers a lot so like most of TE’s more “serious” output lately, it’s a premium kit in both quality and features.

3 Likes

No, not that I could tell…although my ears were tired :wink:

I guess these are just reserved parameters for future effects.
Or they’ll open up the current FX later, who knows!?

I agree that the grip could have been better designed - a camera mount hole or something

I’ve ordered one of these as looks like it will help with cables on the top and bottom

2 Likes