Teenage Engineering TX-6 Mixer

I agree that the grip could have been better designed - a camera mount hole or something

I’ve ordered one of these as looks like it will help with cables on the top and bottom

2 Likes

Ok, it’s possible to sequence the fx order and type from the Z and ! the tracks that get send/inserted into the fx!

the knob or the sequence scrolls thru the channels.

:ramen:

2 Likes

Great idea, that’s very useful. Changing reverb types with the song…looking forward to experimenting.

The TX-6 was the single item that really surpassed my expectations this year…and the size is perfect :wink:

Hi TX-6 users.

I´ve been thinking about getting a XT-6 for a long time cause this little thing seams to have many so functions for different scenarios.
A scenario that I´m not sure if the tx-6 can help out with, is recording sound direct to my Iphone13 while filming my dawless jam.
I understand that this should be possible to do with a IK Multimedia iRig but if the TX-6 could do this I might pull the trigger sooner than later.
Is this possible or just another fixed idea to justify getting a TX-6?

1 Like

Sure, I recorded to iPhone many times using a USB-C to Lightning cable.

1 Like

Does anyone else’s shift button feel a little wonky sometimes? Like depending how you press it, it feels like it goes deeper than it should?

no wonky shift button here.

other question:
when I connect the TX-6 to my DAW via USB-C and record while live tweaking the fx and filter on the tx-6, this does not get recorded in the DAW. Is there a way to record the FX of the TX-6 over USB-C?

Just tested: when recording to a usb stick, it does record the fx of the TX-6, so what am I doing wrong here? What I want to do is to multitrack record in the daw, so each track separately, but also with the fx from the tx-6 on them.

1 Like

I’m enjoying mine as well and it’s convenient portable tool in my studio and for travel. It’s not perfect but overall great.

I think I remember reading that it records the dry input — but I may be wrong. I just did a quick skim of the manual, and if someone could confirm / prove me wrong, that’d be keen.

this is my observation too, but couldnt find anything about it in the manual.
its a pity, because I’d like to record the fx of the tx-6 into my daw too!

(when recording to a usb stick, it does also record the fx, but no multitrack i fear)

I will send TE a message to ask, seems no one knows here?

The TX-6 only records FX, when in 2 Track Mode…so if you want separate channels, sadly there are no FX on them (nor is there a separate FX channel so record).

However, EQ Compressor and filters are all still useable, even when multitracking.

Thank you, always can count on you as TE expert! Sadly not what i was hoping to hear. So will need to add fx in post then when multitracking in the daw. How do I turn on this 2 track mode and does it mean i can record two tracks separately?

My pleasure!
Sorry, by 2 Track I mean just stereo in/out so you’ll record the complete mix of eveything going on in the TX-6. It can be changed in MENU / USB:
https://teenage.engineering/guides/tx-6#usb

1 Like

Thanks for your time SonWU

1 Like

so if I understand correctly, these usb settings do not apply to the disc recorder (recording directly to usb stick)? so there is nog multitrack recording to usb stick possible either?

I haven’t tried recording to USB yet, but my assumption is that there is no Multitracking.

1 Like

*yet?

Yeah, there’s no multitracking it just records the stereo output.

It’s better to just use an iPad/ iPhone with AUM.