New OTO Mixer - Bébé Chérie

Kind of like a stereo Bastl Dude. Very tempting.

2 Likes

Is this reverse psychology? :wink:

4 Likes

I love the alt mix routing. That’s one of the best features of Mackie mixers. Easy to quickly route anything to an Octatrack for instance.

And the pink will look rad next to Octatrack grey.

6 Likes

It’s like a seesaw. If you turn the knob to the right the sound becomes brighter and bass goes low. To the left you boost the bass and make the highs darker. Pretty handy to change the balance of a source quickly. And together with the level knob this gives quite a bit of control.

6 Likes

It’s a great color!

Why dingy green military powder-coating on my BIM/BAM/Boum?

Because.

The high quality components and headroom is killing me, I don’t need any more tone generators but I could see a small hi-fi mixer being useful, especially for live use.

Hopefully there’s more time to get debt-neutral before orders go up :slight_smile:

I mean, certainly ~600 is an easier sell than ~3000.

I’d like a Model 1 but I can’t see myself justifying one.

5 Likes

I find this mixer so much more desirable than the TX-6. The analog soft clipping, analog compressor, and analog eq/filters with OTO quality in a nice compact, but not too compact form factor looks so nice. I ended up selling a bunch of stuff and splurging on a Rossum 1200 preorder. This seems like the perfect mixer to pair with it for me.

11 Likes

I don’t get it. Seriously. Can anyone tell what’s exciting about this ?

It’s pink

11 Likes

I mean… the comment right above yours (thirty minutes before yours) laid out a few things that specific person was excited about including :

“The analog soft clipping, analog compressor, and analog eq/filters with OTO quality in a nice compact, but not too compact form factor looks so nice.”

so there’s that…

4 Likes

Unfortunately this was the only thing I really got.

1 Like

Ok. So let’s wait to hear how it sounds. Until then…

pink mixer
want

lets be honest here: music will speak for itself and mixer wont matter—cant even tell what mixer is used. but it sure looks nice for set ups

Looks alright though. I can overlook the shitty jacks if it sounds right. Because that’s a fair chunk of money for what is a pretty basic analogue mixer, so the quality of the EQ’s, saturation and compressor has to be bob on. No send/return is a bit shit.

Couldn’t give a fuck about the colour.

5 Likes

I’ve been specifically looking for a “high-quality” compact mixer, and there’s actually not much to choose from in this category. The SSL Six is slightly overkill for my needs, and there are things about its design that I’m not a huge fan of. The TX-6 is tiny, the FX are lackluster, the sound quality is ok, and it is overpriced.

There are DJ mixers that aren’t really designed for line level instruments and have RCA inputs. There are cheap sounding budget Mackie, Yamaha, Soundcraft, etc. mixers I have no interest in.

This mixer is built in France with quality components and designed to have the levels pushed to surely get some tasty sounds. I’ve owned OTO boxes in the past and have total faith in their taste. It’s a simple affordable mixer that is being released at the perfect time for me because I happened to be looking for something like this and it fits the bill for my needs.

13 Likes

Similar here. I sold my mixer when moving and want a compact alternative.

I’m pretty committed to getting a Bluebox but now this has popped up…

13 Likes

haven’t heard this (obviously) but I can speak for the Bim/Bam/Boum boxes being of fucking sexy sound quality levels. I have the expectation that, between their track record and use of quality components, this will be a nice sounding box.

Coming in at 625 euro, it’s a lot cheaper than things like Stimming’s IMC, TX-6, SSL gear, PlayDifferently models, etc.

also with the Alt output you can route any channel to an ext. effects chain and bring it in on a separate channel, so I think it’s capable of some basic send/return, which is nice and functional, maybe too limited for some, but certainly not bloated or difficult to use, so that’s a plus for me.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve got a Boum, sounds great.

2 Likes

Nothing. Ignore.

3 Likes

gotcha so the soft buttons assign channels to the alt out and you can send back the alt out into an empty channel, effectively becoming a send and return.

1 Like