SYNTAKT Bugs Thread

Could you list the necessary steps to reproduce it ?

1 Like

I think this might be a bug in 1.20: Sometimes a pattern gets stuck – the rec, play and stop buttons stop working, and I can’t untrig steps (but I can trig new steps). The problem goes away when I reboot.

1 Like

I’ve been having one that I think has to do with midi data maybe. Sometimes a track will start triggering on note on and note off, often with a pitch difference between the two note trig’s. The reason I think it is midi related is that it has only happened when the syntakt was part of my midi setup with the octatrack as a master. I don’t have reliable reproduction steps though, just happens sometimes while jamming.

Yeah, I’ve been experiencing this as well. I can’t go into record mode at all. Everything works after a reboot of the device.

I haven’t figured out what triggers it yet though.

Hi. I don’t know if this is a bug or not but it seems weird, hence my post.

I just purchased a Syntakt and I have been experimenting with it. I prepared a simple melody in order to test the SY RAW machine. I noticed that depending on the selected wave shapes, the detune setting must be changed in order to tune the two waves to the same pitch. I’m really surprised, I would have expected that a detune value of 0 would tune both waves independently of their shape. For example: wav1: saw, wav2: square -> detune of 0.35. Wav1:square, wav2: ssaw-> detune of 0.00.
The saw and sinesaw seem the most problematic. Even with phase reset, any combination of these requires changing the detune in order to get the same pitch (no betting in the sound).
Basically, It seems that when using the saw and sinsaw, the two oscillators are not tuned even when using the same wave shape. Maybe this is an analogue circuit deviation. Any thoughts?
Does anybody else have the same behaviour? Is this normal ? If yes, why ? Thanks.

Syntakt users: How stable/unstable are your Dual VCOs?

I have noticed this on mine as well, but I have not tried to run the calibration procedure yet, have you? And do it with 1.20 installed, of course.

I just loaded a project, switched to the pattern i wanted to go (let’s say Pattern 9). One of the sounds is wrong. Reload the project, switch to 9, still wrong. Then I choose another pattern (which is an early version of 9), and then go back to 9. Apparently the sound is right.

Then I reloaded the project (without saving), went to pattern 9 … the sound is now still right.

I did not investigate what was the difference, but it is possible it was again an LFO destination.

So in some way the sound settings get corrupted. Is it a project that “survived” multiple firmware versions?

If you load a different project, turn off the ST and load the “corrupted” project again and go to pattern 9, is the sound still wrong?

1 Like

Hi! :wink:

No, those are all new projects since the last update (swarm and raw) and the problems of the previous post happened during multiple new projects. This today was the first time a setting magically was ‘corrected’.

I just did that, and the sound is still right. However, it is possible that I did save it over already … (I made another copy, but I can’t be sure :\ )

When using USB IN input, sometimes the input is routed to the FX block even when the GUI shows that it shouldn’t. When this happens, changing patterns or toggling the FX routing on the input don’t solve the problem.

Also, sometimes delay on the FX block is not applied to the USB IN until some track sound that is also routed to the FX block is activated.

1 Like

Have you tried the Audio routing menu? There’s a separate usb in Pre/post FX option that’s not part of the FX block’s main routing page and is separate from the inputs…

1 Like

If you mean by “the GUI shows that it shouldn’t” the lower right icon in the following screen:

This is not the USB input, but the external input. USB input pre/post FX can be configured with Settings -> Audio Routing -> USB In

This seems to be a common problem on more Elektrons: No trig = no reverb or delay: You probably need to set a trig (doesn’t matter what) on the first step of the FX block to “activate” the FX.

1 Like

Aaaaahhhh!! I was going crazy with this one. For some reason, I completely forgot about this. Thank you, @rtme and @Humanprogram.

Ok, it’s a shame because I was sequencing this externally and the syntakt sequencer is stopped.

You can trigger FX TRACK externally.

1 Like

Ah of course, it has its own midi channel :+1:

1 Like

Yes. And if you select the same channel for a synth track you can trigger FX TRACK envelope at the same time as the synth, hence benefit from FX TRACK envelope filter…eventually with external synth with midi out.

Someone told me he couldn’t record the FX TRACK sidechain effect with Overbridge.
Anyone can confirm ?

I had just done this the other day but hadn’t put much thought into it afterward, but I did think the sidechain effect sounded a bit weak at the time after being recorded.

I just set up a test in my DAW with a kick, SY RAW, and the FX track. The SY RAW had 1 trig with infinite release on ADSR, routed it to FX, and I placed 4 trigs on the FX track where my kick was and adjusted the amp env to do that sidechain-type stuff. It definitely works as expected on the Syntakt. Then, I recorded all 3 tracks into my DAW and solo’d the FX track, and heard the SY RAW, but no sidechain effect.

1 Like

Hi, Since the release of FW 1.20 there are some different bug related postings here and there.

Were these forwarded to Elektron and is there already any sort of feedback? What did they respond?