SYNTAKT Bugs Thread

Performing the copy operation literally says “SOUND” on screen, so I used Elektron’s terminology.

1 Like

Thank you for confirming the bug. I will send a report to Elektron.
I can confirm that Filter Base and Width are set to zero after pasting to a digital track.

1 Like

Yes, sounds like this. :content:
I mean, I understood what you said this way, concerning terminology.

I’m pretty sure Base wasn’t set to 0, maybe around 20…otherwise “sound” would have been lower imo.

Width seemed set to 0.

I couldn’t reproduce it.
Between 3 and 4, do you turn the ST off ?

Maybe if you do a video…

1 Like

That’s not the same issue. I can play any track with external MIDI controller. I described some MIDI loopback within the internal sequencer and Overbridge mode.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying.

Then I wonder if I’m experiencing a bug or user error.

I have my Keystep 37 and Syntakt both plugged into my laptop via a USB hub, and then the Keystep 37 can send midi to any of the 16 channels. But no matter which channel I choose, while in Overbridge mode and running Reason 10, Syntakt always responds by playing back the sound on track 1.

I’ll try tomorrow to see if I can reliably reproduce with a new project or if this is specific to the project I experienced it with.

1 Like

Probably MIDI routing settings in Reason (I don’t know it). In Ableton, the MIDI track only sends MIDI data on one channel, no matter what channel it receives MIDI data on.

For MIDI routing, I recommend the MIDI Patchbay app (Mac).

I appear to have some strange behavior. When I route audi input to FX block via the FX-routing page, vs when I do it via the Mixer page of the Audio input, it sometimes doesn’t engage or disengages back. I’m not sure what exactly happens and when, but they definitely seem to be in conflict of some sort.

Am I the only one that has this? I’ll also report to Elektron.

Could you elaborate ?
Seems to work for me, but I’m not sure about your issue…

This is still happening for me on 1.20 … haven’t reported to :3lektron:

Hey @sezare56 I’ve missed sharing OT’s with you:) Glad we’re back with shared ST’s;)

I’ll give it a good analysis tomorrow, to describe better what goes wrong when.

1 Like

Thanks for checking, I hadn’t tried it yet on 1.20. I believe I reported it and it was passed on to the developers at one point.

1 Like

LessOtTalkMoreSyntakt then !

1 Like

It seems one of the recent updates either broke or took away retrig on the FX track sequencer, have tried in current, older and new projects. Can anyone else confirm?

Most things one might do could be replicated in LFOs, but I was working on an FX section guide and am certain I’d used retrig to run sidechaining alongside other punch-in effects…

1 Like

I found a secret new machine :stuck_out_tongue:

To reproduce: Have a pattern with a midi machine. Copy a pattern with a swarm machine in the same track. Go to the pattern with the midi machine and go to the page you see. Then paste your pattern.

6 Likes

Did anyone notice that sometimes one of the LFO destinations of one the machines are either not saved or not remembered after power cycling?

It happend now so many times and on multiple projects that I can be sure it’s not an user error.

1 Like

Could you list the necessary steps to reproduce it ?

1 Like

I think this might be a bug in 1.20: Sometimes a pattern gets stuck – the rec, play and stop buttons stop working, and I can’t untrig steps (but I can trig new steps). The problem goes away when I reboot.

1 Like

I’ve been having one that I think has to do with midi data maybe. Sometimes a track will start triggering on note on and note off, often with a pitch difference between the two note trig’s. The reason I think it is midi related is that it has only happened when the syntakt was part of my midi setup with the octatrack as a master. I don’t have reliable reproduction steps though, just happens sometimes while jamming.