SYNTAKT Bugs Thread

Yes, but I have never used copy-paste.

FYI, Syntakt 1.20a has just been released, contains a number of bug fixes: Support & Downloads for Syntakt | Elektron

Bug fixes

When copying a sound from an analog track to a digital track, FILTER WIDTH was incorrectly set to zero.

The wrong parameters were randomized when randomizing the SYN parameter page on the SY RAW machine.

In some cases, trigs could be added to the sequencer when toggling mutes in permanent mute mode.

The device could crash when a song row was added to a song that was cleared while it was playing.

A sound with the BD Silky machine sounded distorted if a sound with a rimshot machine had previously played on the same track.

When a trig with a sound lock with a different machine than the track sound was held, it could in some cases result in a graphical glitch.

The FX track was incorrectly called ā€œMID.13ā€ instead of ā€œFXā€ in the SCALE menu.

It was impossible to toggle the FX track song row mute outside of song edit.

It was not possible to open the sequencer RETRIG menu on the FX track.

7 Likes

Did you find a solution to this? ā€œmidi setting available on deviceā€. Got the same issueā€¦

1 Like

Yes and no. The solution is Electron were able to reproduce the error themselves and told me they submitted it to the overbridge development team for them to fix in a coming updateā€¦

That being said I was able to use CC to change parameters within Live so in the end it wasnā€™t too annoyingā€¦ though I almost never ever touch my electron boxes aside from flipping on the power switch lol

I can confirm that. Thought I was going mad. Itā€™s a bug then? I can hear the sidechain on the main stereo out channel on Ableton but not on the FX block channel via OB into Ableton. I can hear the filter and overdrive when modulated.

1 Like

Apparently. Confirmed by Elektron. Current workaround would be to record Main. I didnā€™t use OB yet, canā€™t elaborate.

Thatā€™s how mine is

I am on the last firmware version and had an issue in step recording mode (normal or jump) - after pressing trig in keyboard mode it would not advance step to the next one automatically (I could only move to the next step using arrows). I tried reloading pattern, new pattern, init, etc. as I thought I am doing something wrong. Unfortunately, no way I can tell what caused it or how to replicate it. Only power restart helped.

2 Likes

One possibility could be the oscillators being out of phase. Using a retrigging wave would resynchronize them and get your sound back. Same for LFOs, that could be resynchronized by a pattern where they get trigged instead of running freeā€¦
Any chance it could be something similar?

Hi! No, it was things like a pitch envelope (like for a bassdrum) that was apparently lost. Really very simple things. But it also did not happen since, perhaps Iā€™m just a bit extra careful now with things like turning the box on and off (although I considered myself extra careful already :wink: ).

1 Like

Thanks for this.

Some quiet updates lately:

Syntakt 1.20A, 2023-01-19
Octatrack 1.40B, 2023-01-25
Transfer 1.5.1.3, 2023-02-02

Iā€™ve missed the :mega: on all three of these. Hmm. (Sorry for off-topic. I will update my ST to 1.20A.)

1 Like

I have just realized that this bugs was fixed in the last firmware update 1.20A, see release notes. Thanks Elektron!

1 Like

Still there in 1.20A

Thanks to you to have signaled it ! They canā€™t check everything, they do care about users feedback.
(IIRC I relayed your bug report during beta testing :wink:)

Imho these Elektronauts bug reports threads are important to check / confirm bugs. Once confirmed (no user error), an official bug report has more impact.
support@elektron.se

os 1.20a

after choose Midi machine, in system menu - pattern clear menu, both clear whole & clear kit does not refresh display of midi parameter, see video:

this does not happen with any other machine beside MIDI

Hello,
I noticed that during the update from 1.01A to 1.10, with the adding of portamento, my external 303 synth started to sound a bit more silly. It sounds like a different attack, is a the beginning of the sound the difference.

It was sounding much better before, so is a pity.
This is happening on the same projects with same parameters, so with portamento off.
Could you please have a look at it for next update?

Any news here or are all beta testers bound by NDA? :wink:

Hello everybody. I got a Problem: I created a Pad in the Dual VCO Engine and when I change the octave to +2 all keys only respond to G7 (I wasnā€™t able to play different notes only this one). Already contacted the support but they sad theyā€™re busy at the moment and I should reach out to the Forum. I also had a problem when controlling the Syntakt with Max MSP - when IĀ“ve send MIDI notes to for instance channel 1 the first 12 notes where playing through every track from 1-12. Any suggestions or anybody faced same problems?

edit: other octaves key tracking works fine.

There are no problems that I can see, both behaviours are expected behaviour

Honestly this can be both searched here and in the manualā€¦ itā€™s worth trying this as you will get an answer faster

1 Like