Share your tunes

So… someone asked me to do my live techno thingy in front of a camera. I fuckin’ hate cameras, but I’m still quite happy with the music. It sounds like proper warehouse techno. I guess the recording input was a bit in the red, it’s got a lot more overdrive than what I monitored. I kinda like it, it gives a tad of that beloved @Fin25 touch :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: . Lots of Syntakt in it, backed by a Blackbox and bits of Digitone. Boring static me video here or Soundcloud there, because who cares about videos anyway…

2 Likes

An old track I still kinda like. I mostly wonder how the hell I got things done back then :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

A little DnB from the Biweekly Extravaganza

2 Likes

I really love it when the vocals come in! Where do you source vocals from?

1 Like

Same tbh. I also sometimes listen back to my old tracks I made in Buzz many years ago and wonder how I came up with the sounds I used.

Great track! I’m amazed how that bassline stays the same throughout the entire song yet doesn’t get annoying.

Holy shit that middle section was unexpected, love it! What’s the sample?

2 Likes

Yeah, this was a dope one!

2 Likes

Channelling my early 00s IDM style with this WIP. Not sure about the bassline, sounds a bit goofy sometimes. I may replace it with something less obvious/constant. I’ve been relying on whole note legato basslines a little too much lately.

Probably my first 100% software track in a while (Ableton running some Fors devices and ipad running Borderlands app), though I’m considering adding some A4 to it to make it sound a bit weirder.

5 Likes

This is really pretty.

Edit:
Holy shit I love the bass line in the middle!

And that end has Shadowrun vibes all day.

1 Like

Thank you! Yeah the first half is the most obviously pretty thing I’ve done in a while and I’m not sure about it lol. But it kinda redeems itself from the middle..

1 Like

No way, its a great contrast to the B part (the middle bass), and then goes dark. You set up quite the narrative.

There was no redemption necessary

1 Like

Thanks! :blush: I was thinking the exact same thing… “Is it really just the same 8 steps all the way through? What was I thinking and why does it work?”

1 Like

This tune started as a jam in current sounds, here is the polished Bandcamp version.
Mellow cinematic stuff. Thanks for listening.

4 Likes

Here’s a Syntakt track with video game “datawave” vibes.

In this case I cheaped out and lifted the vinyl acapella from youtube, had to do a fair bit of cleanup and repitching though.

1 Like

That sounds incredible! A real ‘journey’ as you listen :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks! You and @BLKrbbt have convinced me to keep it as it is in terms of progression. Might obscure the bass and melody a bit though :wink:

2 Likes

If you do that, balance it by punching it through a bit to really establish it.

What do you search for? Jungle acapella?

I appreciate you sharing the sauce.

A bit of sadtronica with the Synthstrom Deluge and the Digitone as an Fx processor (adding overdrive and reverb).

5 Likes

I’m proud of this piece. (Avant-Garde, Electronica)
Can you recognize the sampled singer?

Big thanks for listening :slight_smile:

3 Likes