Elektronauts Hip Hop Battle #20 - 007 Edition

So here we are with battle 20. As you can probably guess from the title, this edition will be all about James Bond themes and scores.
This edition won’t be innovative regarding theme and rules, but I hope it will be fun and result in a plethora of amazing beats. I always liked the mood, instrumentation and scales used in the Bond soundtracks and I think there is a nearly endless amount of great sample material.

The rules:

• Every participant has to post a “song” that was features in any Bond movie
  • Every participant additionally has to post a drum break
  • Everyone has to use at least one bond sample, and one drum break from this thread in their beats. You can use as many samples posted here as you want
  • You may not use the samples you yourself provided
  • No rap acapellas or samples from songs that are not featured in this thread
  • You may add additional drum one shots, basslines/melodies (from synths, instruments etc. but played by youself)
  • You may add dialogue snippets from any Bond movie

If you want so take part, please provide your samples until April 10th.
Deadline for beat submissions will be April 28th

Please pm me a link to a downloadable wav or mp3 of your beat. Please include your name in the title of the message.

Here are my samples:

20 Likes

Nice one @Unifono great idea.

4 Likes

Great idea!

Hopefully this is permissible even though it doesn’t feature in the film. It was commissioned by Daniel Craig for the film and replaced with something nowhere near as good in the actual movie.

And here is my break:

7 Likes

Some Bond:

And a break:

6 Likes

I don’t want to argue with Daniel Craig :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I grew up with a dad who constantly watched Bond marathons on TV, so this theme hits close.

Gonna go with more Moonraker and the Bassey theme:

And my drum break, from “You Know You Know” by Mahavishnu Orchestra (not that part, the other part):

This doesn’t qualify, but the best non-Bond Bond song:

5 Likes

Macca, Live & Let Die, 1973

Edit:

And the drum break, ladies and gents
Led Zep, 1971

6 Likes

Here’s my bond song.

And my break is from the the great Peter Erskine.

This is a clean version but less quality.

6 Likes
6 Likes

the drum break is missing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@LyingDalai is a walking drum break. It’s sometimes hard to see oneself.

4 Likes

I’m not sure if I’ve ever watched a Bond movie all the way through. And honestly my main connection with the franchise is the Nintendo 64 game. So I looked up the theme from Golden Eye and apparently it was Tina Turner that did it.

And for the drums, the solo starts earlier, but I think the stuff everyone’s interested in starts about five minutes in.

8 Likes

which was amazing

I really like the Tina Turner title track

1 Like

Here’s my selection.

A track, From Russia with love soundtrack.

And a drumbreak from 1:45

4 Likes

I’m a sucker for all of this soundtrack (even Nina’s Christmas tree song!). I like the MBV version of We have all the time in the world, as well as the original. But for this BB, here is a track that has echoes of the main theme plus some other stuff:

More percussion, rather than a traditional drum break, but it has Irish Bones in it :wink: hope that’s ok:

6 Likes

I already used snake eater in one of the dnb battles, incredible vocal :+1:

1 Like

Great theme @Unifono this looks exciting! :male_detective: I was just looking through some buried records for samples the other day and I came across this forgotten purchase!

@Doug Regarding the classic N64 Goldeneye someone on IG made a solid approximation of what may have went down in the Nintendo studio prior to the game’s release! :ok_hand:

Making of N64 Pause music

Also ran out of likes already, so IOU @everyone who uploaded samples already, these are all great! :muscle:

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

5 Likes

Fixed, sorry.
I was trying to get my kids into Led Zeppelin with my air guitar + air mike, and figured this would be real cool.

Aaaaand… :poop:
I should learn to read a brief ffs.

Well, enjoy!

2 Likes

James Bond movies are my childhood, my grandfather made us watch them in secret, my little brother and me, our mother didn’t want to: we must have been between 6 and 10 years old! WE LOVED THAT! I keep an incredible memory of the intro songs which are extraordinary.
We watched these VHS tapes so much, I’m sure my grandfather kept them, he enjoyed them as much as we did. Yesterday, he celebrated his 88th birthday. I absolutely have to do something for this battle!
I will take a few days to choose a good piece of music for you!

Thanks @Unifono

8 Likes

Ok Guys, i just downloaded a best of of James Bond soundtracks, damn this is good !
I know all these songs, they’re printed in my memories, i can’t explain why i never sampled them! So it’s time to start !

This is my song (i have the flac so i share it so you an download it)

And the breakbeat :

Enjoy !

6 Likes