Multi Map to transpose and switch patterns

Here’s a printout of my two entries to get you started.

1. Entry to control transpose on the current playing pattern

[FUNCTION]     PAT.PLAY
[RANGE LOW]    C0
[RANGE HIGH]   C2
[PATTERN]      CUR 
[PATTERN INC]  0
[TRANSPOSE]   -12
[TRANSP. INC]  1
[CHG MODE]     D.JUMP

This makes C1 equal “no transpose” and up and down from C1 transposes just like the mini keyboard on the A4 does. I prefer CHG mode to be direct jump since it makes the transpose more playable.

2. Entry to switch pattern

[FUNCTION]      PAT.PLAY
[RANGE LOW]     C#2
[RANGE HIGH]    E7
[PATTERN]       A01 
[PATTERN INC]   1
[TRANSPOSE]     0
[TRANSP. INC]   0
[CHG MODE]      SEQ.

Sincerely
LarsErik

12 Likes

this is a great tip thanks!

Hi

How do i add those entires in the midi map menus?

I really want to trigger the patterns from the daw…

Ok… Ill try it… I have 4 entires there. But when i tried it kept saying ‘clear’

Ill try this method again

Thank you!!

works great!!!

Oooo. Got to try this, thanks for the tip.

I’m gonna try building a setup today. I want to split a few things, play external stuff and change patterns. Transposing might find it’s way in too! I seriously and stunned that I didn’t know about this feature. I hadn’t gone through the manual since the 1.1 update and I have never seen anyone post about it.

Can you only have one MultiMap setup? Is it one per project?

Great.

thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

I don’t have an Analog Four but according to the manual, the Multi Map lives in a global slot, of which each project has four.

Hey @L4rs3rik, I don’t know why but your 2 entries are the same on your printout. Would you mind to share again the entrie to transpose de A4 with a midi keyboard ?
I can transpose at higher note but not lower note.

Here it’s my entry :
[FUNCTION] PAT.PLAY
[RANGE LOW] C3
[RANGE HIGH] C5
[PATTERN] CURR
[PATTERN INC] 0
[TRANSPOSE] 0
[TRANSP. INC] 1
[CHG MODE] D.JUMP.

I’ve tried something like this :
[FUNCTION] PAT.PLAY
[RANGE LOW] C1
[RANGE HIGH] C3
[PATTERN] CURR
[PATTERN INC] 0
[TRANSPOSE] 0
[TRANSP. INC] -1
[CHG MODE] D.JUMP.

But it won’t transpose correctly.

Yeah… that’s weird… I must have edited this post and messed it up at some time.

Updated them now with the original entries. (See above) The trick is to set the transpose to -12 and the inc to 1 to get from -12 to 12 tones over the range from C0 to C2 on the keyboard.

1 Like

Of course, I didn’t tought about the -12 for the transpose. I’ll try that tonight, thanks LarsErik !

1 Like

This was very useful and now I can trigger A4 patterns from clips on Push which is VERY AWESOME
but I have a question…

Is it possible for the pattern to only play when a note is being held? What I am finding is that the pattern will loop on forever once started unless I use a blank pattern to stop which is clunky

Oh fuck how I miss the multi map feature on the Digitakt. In a DAW handling and using midi notes is so much easier then program change messages.

Great feature, especially with direct jump, you can have great random pattern variations sending random notes from OT or any sequencer / arpegiator.
I’d like more slots, 4 per project is not enough for me or ideally a Multi Map per kit ! I Need Sounds control in priority !

So my wishes would rather go for Multi Map for Digitone Sounds !