Please explain MULTI MAP on ext keyboard

Hi folks

Could someone please have the patience to explain how to set up playing a multmap via an ext keyboard

Ive read the manual, and some other posts i found on here, but no luck and ive been at it an hour

SB SIX’s video is very usefull, but cant quite see the screen
[url=“https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck2Cmu5AhvY”]

Ive set up drum sounds in the sound pool, and ive set up the MULTI MAP so that i can play them with the trigs whilst in the MULTI menu

However i cant for the life of me get the keyboard to play them

I think the problem resides in the PERFORMANCE TRACK MIdi options

My keyboard is on MIDI track 1, as is the AUTO channel, which enables me to play what ever track i select

But NOT the multi map,

I tried all the different tracks for the PERFORMANCE Track in the midi menu, but nothing

What MIDI settings are needed to get this to work, ???

Or other settings

Hoping someone can help

Well, got the keyboard to play the multi map
But looks like theres no way of having Auto Ch + Active Ch at the same time
???
If so, its a shame cos i like being able to jump through the tracks playing the sounds on the keyboard, and it would be great if i could jump into the multimap track just the same
But no

Any thoughts?

Here’s an old thread I started a while back that explains multi map setup and midi channels etc…

http://www.elektronauts.com/t/multi-map-to-transpose-and-switch-patterns/4815

Thanks Lars, but having read your thread
I still have a midi ch problem
In that i have to chose between performance chanel or auto chanel, i cant acces the multmap chanel unless i sacrifice the auto one which is à pain cos i can no longer hop between the tracks
Is there no way to have both?

Also when using multmap record trigs / sound locks
It seems impossible to adjust the ami/filter /osc pages to affect the sounds

I don’t think there’s any way to escape using the performance channel for multi maps. Can you setup a keyboard split in your external keyboard? Like having the lowest octaves sending on the performance channel and the rest of the keyboard using the auto channel.

A multi map that triggers a sound in the sound pool is the “midi way” of making a temporary sound-lock. I haven’t tried myself but even if tweaking the filter while holding down a key on the external keyboard is possible as soon as you release the key I would expect the change to be gone. What you can do is to record the sound locks into the A4 sequencer and tweak other parameters afterwards.

To change a sound in the sound pool you need to load it to a track, tweak it, and then save it back to the sound pool.

Thanks again Lars, yep thats pretty much what i figured,
Not by far the best news,
still multimap is pretty cool
Sucks to have to load the sound to another track to beable to edit it
Plus my Nord keys, can only send 1 midi channel, so i dont think it would be possible to do a midi split,
I imagine a specific midi controller keyboard could do this no problem…
Cheers