Model:Samples Feature Requests Thread

resampling would be really cool! also a bit crusher is really missing on this thing imo.
i think the swing all menu is really redundant on this machine, since it can be done via ctrl all.
put a resampling / bit crusher menu on that knob instead :wink:

2 Likes

This is a really smart thought. I also like that you explained how it might possibly function.

I’m trying to think what combo of buttons and knobs could be used for resampling, for example. I guess maybe another option in the Setup menu?

1 Like

get rid of the swing all menu and instead put a resampling menu on func + that sample button.

1 Like

talk about a function that goes unused on my machine… love this idea.

1 Like

Doh - that’s exactly what you said the first time. I should drink my coffee first before replying. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wouldn’t “just add resampling” mean that model:samples would need to already have an A/D converter on board ? I don’t think there’s an A/D converter there already is there ? I mean, the model:samples can’t actually sample audio input, right ?

Maybe I’m out of touch and you can “just add an A/D converter” in software but I can’t see how right now.

2 Likes

Resampling would handle entirely in the digital domain, so no conversion necessary.

1 Like

Ok, I stand corrected.

A really easy thing that could be in the machine is choosing chord like on the cycles but only with the osc mode. Selecting major, minor, sus, etc could be amazing !

What is the “osc mode”?

sorry, this is when you’re using waveforms

So maybe a situation where the chord feature can be activated when using the Loop function (note - even a drum sample is a waveform from the perspective of the machine).

What of all the requests above have been already implemented? :slight_smile:

Wouldn’t this involve making the M:S polyphonic? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I would think so, unless it stole voices from the other tracks. So you could have 3 drums tracks and then a 3-part synth track.

Given how often people misunderstand how and when projects are saved on the model:cycles and model:samples, can I please request

• An indicator on the main screen that the project has changes not saved to +drive
  • (Possibly) An indicator on the main screen that the pattern has changes not saved to project

This could be some tiny icon on the bottom left of the screen, or words if you can find the space, or a pop-up at intervals. I don’t have any strong preferences about implementation, as long as its easy to spot.

This would help avoid

Another thing that would help is a consolidated section in the manual that explains how you should save patterns and projects, and how that relates to what happens at normal power down, and accidentally losing power.

6 Likes

GLOBAL FX/MIX

Digitone got this in latest update. This would make the patterns so much more usable on MS. Global control of track level, filter, delay and reverb sends, and fx parameters would be awesome!

from digitone:
Added a GLOBAL FX/MIX menu item in the SETTINGS menu. In the GLOBAL FX/MIX menu, you have the option to set the parameters on the INTERNAL MIXER, EXTERNAL MIXER, CHORUS, DELAY, and REVERB pages, and also the OVERDRIVE parameter, to be global (making any change to these parameters affect all patterns in the project and not only the active pattern).

The 500th post in this thread!

How bout a feature request section to the forum?

It would make it easier to see what has already been requested.

1 Like

Sample transfer app for iOS/android. Just the ability to do it.

I don’t mind prepping the samples elsewhere, I would just like the ability to swap samples via my phone/tablet.

Also see the storage left on model samples.

1 Like

With chrome google, you got a site to send your samples, don’t know if it works with android?