Model:Samples Feature Requests Thread

And it just seems weird that they haven’t done it yet. The sound engine in the M:S is the same as the DT, so why not have OB, or a scaled back version of it. I don’t understand why they put all those resources into OB, just to exclude it from M:S and M:C. Even Roland puts the separate outs over USB functionality into their cheaper products, like the Boutique range.

It’s not weird, the USB chipset utilized is different. The “sound engine” porting is irrelevant, sadly.

1 Like

Well yeah, if you want to bring facts and logic into it, then I guess it’s never gonna happen.

2 Likes

I could really use a one finger on/off (mute) track when playing live. Holding/pushing a pad is fine, but it should be optional if you wanted to hold/push or to do a trigger on the pad to mute/unmute.

/Martin

3 Likes

Totally 100% (!) agree with RuskBask’s post above. Muting tracks without the need to hold FUNC button is essential. Please, Elektron, make this possible :pray:
And of course, a way to activate mutes per pattern, not global. It’s very hard to perform some things live without that.

5 Likes

The heart wants what it wants!

1 Like

A sample preview for directories would be fantastic.

How I imagine it working:

Browse for samples
navigate to a directory
hold down a button
samples load as sample triggers on each of the trig points, up to 16
pressing any of the triggers while the button is still held down will let you try out the sample.
clicking the select button assigns the sample to the track you had selected.

Basically a way to preview samples before assigning them, en masse.

Could we please have a proper distortion/gain option? To really overdrive the samples. Thank you :smiley:

1 Like
  1. Ability to set a global LFO whilst holding down TRACK

2. I just got the Digitakt and really like the Mix menu, so for the M:S I would really like the ability to control the levels of each track whilst holding down PATTERN+TRACK and then using the PARAMETER knobs (ideally the first 2 rows of 3).

Hi,
I’d like to see a feature implemented that let’s me easily exchange a sample/copy track settings throughout a whole project. For example: You have programmed a couple of patterns already and then decide that the snare sample should be exchanged with another sample or even only just some sound design was made by tweaking the knobs and it’s decided that all these track’s tweaks should now go to all patterns in the project.

Currently I am working around this by copying a track’s settings using:

• press [TRACK] + [RECORD] to copy track settings
  • switch to next pattern
  • paste track settings using [TRACK] + [STOP]
  • switch to next pattern
  • paste track settings using [TRACK] + [STOP]
  • …and so on …

It would be perfect if there would be a “paste settings to track X in all patterns in the current project” command with another shortcut. Or if you’d say that this is not a very common task (to me it is) - it would be helpful already if there would be a command to be found in the project menu that does that.

@Magpel Your feature request does something similar and would be helpful to my problem as well. What do you think about my proposal? Would that help you as well?

Please anyone who reads this: Point me to other workarounds and most of all to posts in this thread that request this feature already. I’d like to +1 those. Thanks! I have to admit that I did not take the time to really read alle the 400+ posts, just a few of them.

Thanks for considering my ideas and many thanks for a very useful device to the Elektron Team :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think copying/pasting track settings is the right approach here.

I can’t think of any other workarounds, but in terms of workflow, it’s advantageous to consolidate your sample selection and editing before propagating your ‘base pattern’ throughout a project. That might go against the grain a little – it does for me – but it saves a lot of time coordinating patterns down the road.

Also, beware of propagating Sample Locks throughout a project. God help you if you get a ‘Sample Locks Full’ warning on a pattern you’ve propagated throughout your project: you’ll need to purge the Locks, one at a time, from each pattern. :dismayed:

1 Like

I’m a developer and thus allergic to copy’n’paste … how many times do you want to go through that cycle ? YMMV

IMHO it’s far preferable to set up the thing you want once, then have the many different places where you want that thing to happen use that thing you set up once. Then, if you want to make a change, do it in one place.

Elektron devices aren’t set up for this in many cases, you’ve both discovered one, and your
( @echoicMalady ) solution/workaround is copy’n’paste. It’s the only thing that works right now, but it’s not ideal. To my mind it would be better if, in an ideal world, Elektron gave us a better solution.

I added a request for model:cycles that addresses the same problem. That one isn’t ideal either, but FWIW: Model:Cycles Feature Requests Thread - #537 by bibenu

2 Likes

Conceptually, I really like the idea of some kind of mode that syncs selected patterns so that edits (e.g. sample selection, parameters, volume, panning) can be made in one place. Providing a mode like that as a coherent user experience might be tricky with the limited feedback on offer, though. I’d be interested in hearing a potential walkthrough if anyone has any ideas.

1 Like

I like this idea too. So stepwise you mean e.g

• select a couple of patterns
  • select track
  • turn knob, e.g volume
  • end pattern selection

exactly this is what I do often. when jamming with band it just feels that a part e.g snare sits bad in the mix and just needs to be a little louder/less loud.

i cant copy paste track settings during jam, there is no time for that :joy:

@bibenu developer here too :wink: A friend told me that the Elektron Rhythm has a concept called “Drum Sets”, this might be what we are missing in the M:S, not sure…

Scrolling the titles after 1 sec would do it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Could the track button be on or off allowing the knobs to control per track or when the light stays on a master mode where master pitch and filter edits could be done faster with one hand??? From a live performance standpoint that would be cool
Maybe just tape😉

1 Like

I just got my M:S a couple of weeks ago, and so far loving this first foray into the Elektron sequencing paradigm. While I realise these boxes are designed for live performance more than studio/DAW use, the one thing that would make it the perfect rhythm box for me would be the ability to simply trigger patterns from an external sequencer/DAW by MIDI note. I got the program change thing working, but it’s pretty clunky.

If anyone has ever used the Geist plugin from FXpansion, there’s a handy mode where you can set patterns to trigger from MIDI notes. Perhaps something like that would be a feasible option in the MIDI Filters menu?

I think this would be a huge workflow enhancement in the absence of a dedicated song mode - although I confess to having no clue as to the difficulty of implementing such a feature.

As a hip hop producer, I would really appreciate the option to have finer tuning of sample start/end with the func+knob instead of it jumping +10 when holding func. Maybe add the option per knob to either jump major increments (0.50-1.00) or to scroll with precision (down to a minimum of maybe 0.01 per increment).Just got the model samples after eyeing it for a while and I’m loving everything about it besides the inability to have precision when working with sample chops/locks. Also, would it be possible to work on the option to have large, medium or small font size? At least while in the sample select screens?

1 Like

TRIG PREVIEW :nosey:

4 Likes

Resampling is the feature I would like as well. Read through until I found it. Thank you.