M8 Tracker

Instead of double-clicking the app, try right-click -> “Open”-ing it. This should give you an open anyway or Ignore option in the warning dialog

3 Likes

Thank you. That was it. I appreciate your assistance.

1 Like

I gather the M8 cannot disable charging like (if I remember correctly) the OP-1F

Only reason I ask is that I plugged it into my iPad Pro for better speaker sound but of course the iPad battery gets zapped quickly.

One workaround could be those y-cables which split power and data?

creating some loops on the m8 for later

3 Likes

also how do I embed the video in the post?

Mod edit: you usually just paste the link with no other character.
Thumbnails are not created for links such as www.youtube.com/live/something but you can edit them in https://youtu.be/something

See this thread for further info:
How to Discourse: tips and tricks - #4 by LyingDalai

you mean this video?

yes

Instrument commands should be available within an aux table, as soon as there is any instrument present at the phrase you put the TBX in. The assignment of which instrument commands are visible changes fluidly with different instruments. You can have different instruments being modified by the same TBX - the commands will vary accordingly to the respective instrument but the values stay fixed in each cell of the table. It’s the same as with ‘ordinary’ tables, btw. :wink:

Question for anyone who uses the headless tracker: Can you resample internally? I was looking at the manual and it looks like recording can only be done via line in, USB, or “external instrument”. The manual says that the inputs for the external instrument are line in and USB.

People are saying that you can resample though. Just wondering how. Thanks!

Yeah resampling works, check the manual, it’s something like edit x3 while in a selection. After that create a sampler instrument and your render will be pre-loaded

1 Like

Nice, thanks!

if you modify a usb cable and cut the red wire (usually red) then it will deliver data but no power to the M8

1 Like

I experienced some graphic glitches in the waveform editor after doing a record -> normalize -> crop -> save -> crop -> overwrite -> bla bla something like that. This is on the latest release firmware (from this past week). Is Discord the place to post that?

I think it’s safer to ask @trash80 if a “disable charging” option can be added to the Boot Menu.

But honestly I ran the M8 with my phone and iPad Mini and didn’t noticed too much drain.

This is how it’s done on the M8:

That was one of my first questions :slight_smile: it’s very useful. Hopefully it’s also available on headless… I never tried

2 Likes

The last time this topic came up the recommendation was to modify a USB cable like I said… it takes 5-10 minutes just mark it so you remember why it won’t charge devices afterwards :smiley:

Version 3.2.7 is out …

2023-11-15 - Version 3.2.7
Fix: MIDI Clock was not being sent if playback was stopped (3.2.6 issue)
Fix: Render - Render option “Repeat song XX” would cause artifacts on repeats

5 Likes

I was going to ask about that when I found your post.

Pity the M8 can’t handle direct USB audio (I mean without a computer or smartphone, I guess?)

It would have been a sleek setup to have a single USB cable handle both audio and MIDI to/from the S-1.

Plus it would have freed the jack audio input for another instrument!

Would it be within the realm of feasibility in a future update?
(I have no clue, just thinking aloud)

Ive often wondered what a MKII would be like if there was to be one.

USB Audio & MIDI
USB-C
USB Data transfer without popping out Micro SD card
On / Off Switch update (turn mine on sometimes just picking it up

On the other hand V1 is so killer so I’m not complaining