Korg Nu:Tekt DIY Synth kit

Sounds like you received a b-stock and would likely be due a few euro returned to your account…

1 Like

OMG THANK YOU!!! I use my NTS-1 as an effects processor for my Eurorack and sometimes use the internal synth as a bass line. The Eurorack is always way louder than the internal synth. I had no idea you could adjust the Input trim. Also +1 on turning off sleep mode that is so freakin annoying!!! Now if we can just find a way to get the internal synths to bypass the effects!

1 Like

I have the opposite problem. The Microfreak is too quiet compared to the internal synth, and there is no input gain.

There may be an answer here…?
schematic.pdf (210.7 KB)
Or here…
https://korginc.github.io/nts-1-customizations/nts-1-customizations/doc/reference/

1 Like

Hey y’all. I had a question that I don’t know if there is an answer but if there is I figured y’all would know it. So in my setup I use my Digitakt to sequence and control my NTS-1. I have a page to control the reverb delay and mod effects. I’ll noodle around during the set and save the page by using FUNC and REC to copy the pattern. My issue is that when I reload to that setting by doing FUNC and STOP to paste the pattern, the settings on the DT will snap to the saved positions but it won’t actually change on the NTS-1 until i individual move each encoder. It just takes a little movement to get them to snap but it would be nice if they all snapped at once when i did FUNC and STOP (paste). Again I don’t know if there is a solution to this it might just be that I’m asking to much from a 100 dollar device ha ha.

This may help. Digitakt Pattern Reload - Midi CC Reset

1 Like

Thanks man this is exactly I was talking about thanks for the help!

1 Like

Built this in just under 30 minutes could have been less if I didn’t keep dropping them tiny screws :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Been having a play, this sounds pretty cool, midi cc’s and the FX are top notch

Might buy a second unit just to use as some FX

3 Likes

Cross-posting here - was able to power NTS from Blackbox and send the audio from the NTS back in to the Blackbox with no hum. Woohoo!

Edit: You can plug another lead in with no hum for FX purposes. Watch your monitoring path if using headphones!

3 Likes

Anyone who’s interested, there’s some NTS-1 in this ambient piece, providing a pulsating rhythmic element throughout. I’m running one of the DirtBoxSynth oscillators which I’d highly recommend - they make it a much more varied and interesting little box! Check out the description and you can win a bunch of the stuff used to setup this portable rig too :blush:

1 Like

Hey i was wondering if any of y’all use your NTS-1 in a Eurorack system and if so what module do you use to bring it up to Eurorack level. I’m looking at this module as a simple way to do that.

Had been looking at this for ages but this thread sold it to me yesterday, ordered this morning :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Would pay 50-100% more for a more sturdy version with full 6.3 jacks and more/nicer knobs

1 Like

It’s a gateway drug for the Minilogue XD

If only it had audio in

1 Like

Ah right

always surprised by the apparent indifference towards it. Then I remember it’s a cheap looking and feeling DIY. BUT it’s fkn dope.

As a processor it’s worth every penny. Also plain old FUN to explore.

2 Likes

I thought this comment was spot on as I immediately began considering the XD after being kind of blown away by the nts1 and just assumed it would have audio in. What a bizarre oversight.

1 Like

Yeah I was surprised that none of the other synths with this SDK platform have audio-in. Limits 50% of the use-cases.

The nutekt is a great little thing. Lots of possibilities. I just wish that it had a tiny bit more processing power, as I often run into issues using third party oscillators and fx, where you can’t use all the sections at the same time. I’d love the reverb to be a little less grainy, and I’d really like the knobs to have a relative mode or something instead of snap… But I guess they can’t make it toooo good for £100!